Notices

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I've compiled abuse, but it works in 640x480. If you want it I'll make the package now.

Beneath a Steel Sky runs in ScummVM

Pingus looks nice, never seen it before. I'll try it

Originally Posted by mornage View Post
I dont have ScummVM installed but do have beneath a steel sky and can play it. i will have to try it on ScummVM later as the into is a pain!
I would imagine ScummVM would have been installed as a dependency.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....0372-3maemo4/

Depends:
scummvm (>= 0.5.1-1)
Just because you didn't manually install ScummVM doesn't mean it isn't there...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
I've compiled abuse, but it works in 640x480. If you want it I'll make the package now.
Can you (would you) upload and maintain it in the Extras repositories? That's really the best way to get packages out to people.

More software (especially games) for the N900 never hurt anybody . The problem is the commitment to follow through all the way up to Extras so normal users can find it and install it.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
is it complete? I notice you had boswars and boswars-data... only boswars is in the extras-devel repo's.
I don't know, I haven't looked into it. But sometimes I wish people would first check maemo and debian repositories and then start porting for Fremantle. You can reuse almost all of the packaging and maemo specific patches.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I don't know, I haven't looked into it. But sometimes I wish people would first check maemo and debian repositories and then start porting for Fremantle. You can reuse almost all of the packaging and maemo specific patches.
True, but the patches and stuff may not work with newer versions that are out now. Newer versions may need more fixing to work for Maemo.

But, the packaging and dependencies (control file, pre/postrm scripts, etc) at least provide a good starting point assuming upstream hasn't totally redone their stuff.

As example: Boswars for N900 is 2.6.1, your latest for OS2008 is 2.5.1maemo2

Blobby Volley 2 would be nice.

And it would be really nifty if it can be controlled with the accelerometer.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Abuse is now in extras-devel
Let me know how it works and I'll promote it to extras-testing

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Pure Data/PD-anywhere would be really nice to see in N900! Pd-anywhere is working with N810 http://pd-anywhere.sourceforge.net/ ?

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I would imagine ScummVM would have been installed as a dependency.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....0372-3maemo4/

Just because you didn't manually install ScummVM doesn't mean it isn't there...
Ahhhhh, ok then. thanks for the info. I have never seen it 'more' so didn't realise it was there.

I have just installed the updated version of ScummVM (I wanna play simon the sourcerer). Can I launch BASS using ScummVM and skip the massive intro? If so, how? I cannot see the find the game files anywhere. (thought they would have been in opt but unless it's under a different name.....)

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Abuse works well. Is it possible to change some key bindings at all? arrow keys are difficult to use as I'm right handed and also there is no right mouse button!