Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
wrong forum, you should ask facebook. also thee was same thread only yesterday.

You can; put your stylus (or finger) on the bookmark and hold it there for a second. A context menu pops up, with "Edit" as one of the choices.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=12

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Please search the forums before posting.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Change the URL might not fix the problem, as facebook can still track you down by user agent, and even the http://www.facebook.com/home.php will recognize you eventually.

The solution to the problem(once and for all) is to change the user agent of your MicroB.

Procedure to change user agent:
1) In the address bar of MicroB, type about:config
2) you'll be prompted a warning of warrant void something, do not proceed if you're afraid
3) in the filter, type user
4) you can find "general.useragent.vendor" at the bottom, select it and press enter
5) change the user agent in the dialog box to something else like "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US)" (without quotes)

Now browse ANY site without having to worry about switching to mobile page.

Hope this help.
This totally worked. No matter what Facebook page I navigate to, it still holds firm with the standard FB layout. Thank you!

P.S.--This shouldn't have been necessary. To route the N900 to a dumbed-down mobile format page is ludicrous; N900/MicroB can handle rich multimedia pages easily with power to spare.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgustavson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
we need a facebook application now!!

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Change the URL might not fix the problem, as facebook can still track you down by user agent, and even the http://www.facebook.com/home.php will recognize you eventually.

The solution to the problem(once and for all) is to change the user agent of your MicroB.

Procedure to change user agent:
1) In the address bar of MicroB, type about:config
2) you'll be prompted a warning of warrant void something, do not proceed if you're afraid
3) in the filter, type user
4) you can find "general.useragent.vendor" at the bottom, select it and press enter
5) change the user agent in the dialog box to something else like "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US)" (without quotes)

Now browse ANY site without having to worry about switching to mobile page.

Hope this help.
Tried this method 3 times but it keeps reverting back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nitchers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
Tried this method 3 times but it keeps reverting back.
This solution doesn't work with some people who happen to have background process that requires microB running, because it'll keep reload prefs.js that negate your change.

You may follow the second solution I post on #40 (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=40). So far everybody can get it work with this solution.

Hope this help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I just submitted to Facebook a request that they stop redirecting to the mobile version of the site by default.

You can submit your own requests of similar nature at the following url:
http://www.facebook.com/help/contact...orm=mobile_bug
I just did this, everyone else should too.

(though I have no idea what "phone type" means? Smartphone? Touch?)