Active Topics

Notices

missing few stuffs from old version, i want that old look with more customization.(Fully transparent) loved to play with the opacity according to the wallpaper i have,

also its big now with 5 boxes showing three blank boxes as i only have 2 countdown events . possible to limit the size ? don't want it taking half of my screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to mukks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Maemo5 widgets aren't supposed to be resizable (according to the HIG) and although it is technically possible, there are many, many problems with it.

For the next version I will put the customization for background style back in as an option.

wht i mean is not to resize my own. chek my desktop grab and see it taking a lot of space and i only have 2 events. is it possible to make it only show less events so it can look smaller ? exactly like how it was before.
Attached Images

Like this. so its small and cute, 2-3 events max . 5 is little big for me !
Attached Images

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
New version 0.7-2 in extras-devel

This version adds back the custom background settings in the options dialog. From version 0.7 on the "system" background uses the RSS applet graphics for close system integration.

I will look at applet resizing in the next version, but resizing is really not ideal in maemo5 (see Personal Photo Frame for an example of how it could be done)

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
New version 0.7-2 in extras-devel

This version adds back the custom background settings in the options dialog. From version 0.7 on the "system" background uses the RSS applet graphics for close system integration.

I will look at applet resizing in the next version, but resizing is really not ideal in maemo5 (see Personal Photo Frame for an example of how it could be done)
hello....

the new version is taking up all my desktop space.....

can I get the .deb file for version 5 or 6?

Thanks a million.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
this version: Personal Countdown v0.6-1

If you use version 0.7-2 from extras-testing you can go into the widget settings and choose "User Style" for background.

I plan on making the widget resizable now that PR1.2 actually handles widgets that change their size somewhat better. Keep a look out for version 0.7-3

Hi,

thanks for that app.
Is this project alive? I see your latest version in Extras-testing is unlocked for promotion for 4 weeks.

Yes, the project is still active. I just promoted 0.7-2 to extras. Sometimes I get the email about promotion being unlocked and forget to actually promote.