Hello all. I love my new N900 but i have a problem right now.
I have set device language to English
Text input 1st language is Greek and 2nd is English
But when i try to write sms, Ctrl ^ Space displays that the keyboard language has changed but still writes English characters.
The only way i can write Greek characters is with virtual keyboard that works fine. What i am doing wrong? Thanx in advance.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Language switch work only if device set to Russia... Only on Russia interface you can really switch layout of keyboard/

The Following User Says Thank You to gLobster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by supwner View Post
But when i try to write sms, Ctrl ^ Space displays that the keyboard language has changed but still writes English characters.
The only way i can write Greek characters is with virtual keyboard that works fine. What i am doing wrong? Thanx in advance.
If you are using ukeyboard (because only ukeyboard provides greek layout for hw keyboard), please try reinstall it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
If you are using ukeyboard (because only ukeyboard provides greek layout for hw keyboard), please try reinstall it.
No. I use the latest global firmware that includes Greek language.
Should i try the ukeyboard?

Originally Posted by supwner View Post
What are you doing is correct, but this is stupidity of n900. Setting languages is almost useless for qwerty; but it should work for virtual one just fine.

For example, I want Hardware keyborad layout to be English, but also use russian or greek or turkish, doesn't matter. It will not work. What could we do is to switch hardware layout to russian for instance, and set English as a first language. WIth some bugs of setting initial language it will work. But russian hardware layout is stupid, pressing Left key would enter the dot '.' character. This really sucks man, but this is Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to sebastian_ua For This Useful Post:
I have friends that can't understand Greek words written with English characters
I guess there will be an update for this issue?
BTW i hate nokia but when i saw this phone with Linux OS i changed my mind