Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
This functionality is still in beta and may not work every time. Thanks for the feedback I will investigate it.

x-lette you're right, it should always switch to 2G, no matter what the type of was.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
There was a question asked further up the thread about push email which I didn't see an answer for. I use Nokia messaging to push my gmail to my phone. I assume this is different from a mail client polling a server from my phone because nothing on the phone initiates a connection, so if my phone is offline, I get no email.

So would it be right to assume that if I use autodisconnect, I will not get emails pushed to the n900?

Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
There was a question asked further up the thread about push email which I didn't see an answer for. I use Nokia messaging to push my gmail to my phone. I assume this is different from a mail client polling a server from my phone because nothing on the phone initiates a connection, so if my phone is offline, I get no email.

So would it be right to assume that if I use autodisconnect, I will not get emails pushed to the n900?
Absolutely. Push Mail requires an "always connected state".

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manchester
The latest update for this (on the N900) seems to require the qt4 libraries, which is a bit nasty. AFAIK I can't install those, and this breaks a really useful application for me.

Originally Posted by shadowfirebird View Post
The latest update for this (on the N900) seems to require the qt4 libraries, which is a bit nasty. AFAIK I can't install those, and this breaks a really useful application for me.
qt4 libraries are included in PR.12. So you can install it I have remove the experimental qt4-maemo5 librairies in 0.4-2.

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
For automatical connection you might give alarmed or fcron a try. I'm running alarmed with an hourly connection command and autodisconnect then is responsible for disconnecting again, when all traffic is done.
Works perfectly!
Is this for rss? Did you have to setup an alarmed command to force rss update?

Trying to figure out the command for connecting to gprs :s

Last edited by woodyear99; 2010-06-03 at 16:18.

Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post

try the first dbus-command in the script which i posted in one of my last post (im unable to past it directly, dont know how to copy from xterm), this should use an existing or create a new connection.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany

No, the command invoked by alarmed just opens the connection. All apps that want to update their data have to do it on their own. But at least with the apps I'm using this works very good. I have no feedreader installed but I have Foreca which also pulls data every hour (if connected).
Usually my device is 8 Minutes only per hour (settings set to 4 min and 2 k/min).

DCEW scripts and many hints you can find here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39177 and here http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...Widget_scripts

Thanks, I noticed there is a connect to any saved connection

#!/bin/sh
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0

can I change the [any] to the name of my gprs connection or will it only connect to the gprs connection listed under settings connect automatically?

I noticed there is a command for send/receive mail, is there a command for refreshing the built in rss reader?

Last edited by woodyear99; 2010-06-03 at 18:38.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Thanks, I noticed there is a connect to any saved connection

#!/bin/sh
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0
This is for usage in a separate script, when just using the one-liner in alarmed itself, remove the first line with the shebang (#!).

can I change the [any] to the name of my gprs connection?
Yes.