Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
The size of the .so library is incorrect. it should be 9502b.
About 408 lines in CallNotify.py - it doesn't mean anything because there was the same number of lines at previous (and non-working) versions.

Perhaps you need to clear your apt-get cache? Maybe disable extras-devel, update, and enable it again?

EDIT: try downloading the .so manually from here and copy it to its folder, and check the settings menu.
I have removed the cache, same problem. I have replaced the file, same problem.

That's a total mystery, and I am the only one to have this problem! I will try again tomorrow and keep you in touch.

Has someone flash both FIASCO/eMMC image and run callnotify successfully ?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
managed to download it without any problems..!

one are of improvement could be the sound notification, its very low, even if the system sound level is at "level 2"..

does the visual notification cause a significant battery drain?
Regarding sound, I'll look into ways of improving it when there will be a stable version (after CallNotify will be in extras and not devel/test).

Regarding battery drain, I don't think that the visual notification itself can actually drain battery, but I've received a feedback from one of the testers that checking for notification every 5 seconds does have impact on battery life. Next versions I'll try to move from 5 second polling to event based (dbus) notifications, but again, changes like that (and more) I plan to do after a stable version will be in extras.

Hi Omer,

Thank you for the update.

I made some progress on the voice mail problem. It appears that after processing the VM SMS, a "pending messages removed" signal is received. I was able to add some logic to smsRead2 to check if there were still any outstanding missed calls. If so, I updated missedSMS (since this in theory has changed). If missed calls is zero, I call stop.

This has solved the problem of resetting CallNotify. The only remaining issue is the missed SMS count appears to be non-zero even though I have no visible missed SMSs.

It is better than before since now I still get an audible notice until I check for the missed calls.

If I can get the last problem sorted, I will post the code change.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this problem with voice mail.

Update:
I solved the SMS count problem by adding "and is_read = 0" to the sql statement.

Last edited by Novurania; 2010-06-04 at 00:04. Reason: Solved SMS count problem

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England Uk
workin great here after last update thankyou

mine too!!!

thx for the good work!

today i encountered a glitch...i opened nokia messaging and sent an sms, the notifier suddenly showed two missed calls that actually never took place, it blinked about three times and disappeared..

another glitch: it showing me 4 missed calls that didnt occur..

problem is that i cant stop it from blinking as there is nothing to clear from the call list...

Sound notification not working at all

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
today i encountered a glitch...i opened nokia messaging and sent an sms, the notifier suddenly showed two missed calls that actually never took place, it blinked about three times and disappeared..
When you say "nokia messaging" you mean the Conversation window? Can you reproduce this? Sending SMS gives you three notification of 2 missed calls and disappear?

another glitch: it showing me 4 missed calls that didnt occur..

problem is that i cant stop it from blinking as there is nothing to clear from the call list...
Opening the conversation app and closing it will usually clear every notification. Did you notice anything special you did before seeing these notifications? Was that happening after sending SMS as well?

Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
Sound notification not working at all
And any other notification (visual, vibration) IS working? Did you set the sound notification in the settings menu?

@calvin_42, I have reflashed both, if it helps...
You say you've replaced the .so file with the one I attached in the previous post and it's still giving you the same error? That's strange. Did you do it as root? Have you checked the .so file size again after replacing it to verify that the replacement took place?

Last edited by omeriko9; 2010-06-05 at 05:09.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
guys: does this app shows the voice mail icon? or it is for missed calls and messages only?