Active Topics

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
I released a new version...
there are a lots of improvements and i will be happy if someone want to try it and give me a feedback

From next release i will use devel-repository but before publish there i like read some comments here

thank you to you all guys!

PS: For install instructions see first post on this thread

what I mean is notification like '1 message recieved' on homescreen. Also sorry not that good on english what I mean is built in inbox not integrated inbox.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
what I mean is notification like '1 message recieved' on homescreen. Also sorry not that good on english what I mean is built in inbox not integrated inbox.
why you need notification like '1 message received' on homescreen from this app?
its only purpose is writing message in portrait...
Perhaps i dont understand...sorry

Oh I get it already... So the application is pretty much done already? I was comparing it to fMMS didn't know it was total different. Sorry xD will download this later after going home thanks!

Hi

I just isntalled fastsms pre-beta-0.1 and there is an app in the menu but when I click on it NOTHING happen :/

I have tried making it a desktop shortcut but still not working

EDIT: Fixed it Just uninstalling it, then installed QT Mobility then reinstalled it now using my custom dictionary

If anybody wants a FULL engish disctionary text file

English Dictionary.txt

Last edited by godofwar424; 2010-06-08 at 09:32.

This app is awesome!

Just need a way to get delivery reports on the txts sent via it

Also clear the text input field one the send button has been pressed! The ability to highlight all text and then clear would also suffice

Is there anyway you could help the guys over at

portrait-keyboard

They are using the default portrait keyboard that nokia made but never finished. Its lacking T9 support which your app does perfectly Maybe you could help them to bundle T9 onto their quicker?

Just a suggestion

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
hello godofwar424!
thank you for your opinions!!!

I'm working on it now so it will be available soon on devel-repository. You said "Just need a way to get delivery reports on the txts sent via it". What do you mean exactly?

I have another questions: portrait-keyboard substitute standard input keyboard? I mean: when you tap on an input field which keyboard will be prompted?

I think that its not easy a merge for these project: portrait-keyboard use standard maemo code, fastsms use only qt and it is written to be platform indipendent. but i will try to speak with w00t

thank you again!

You could think about making your input dialog into a independ library so that any other Qt application could use it.

That would at least for Qt Apps bundle the effort for a good portrait keyboard and would mean all are using the same, with the exact same look and feel everywhere.

Originally Posted by DanielW View Post
You could think about making your input dialog into a independ library so that any other Qt application could use it.

That would at least for Qt Apps bundle the effort for a good portrait keyboard and would mean all are using the same, with the exact same look and feel everywhere.
yes...perhaps in future yes. Do you know where i can find documentation about this?

Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
hello godofwar424!
thank you for your opinions!!!

I'm working on it now so it will be available soon on devel-repository. You said "Just need a way to get delivery reports on the txts sent via it". What do you mean exactly?

I have another questions: portrait-keyboard substitute standard input keyboard? I mean: when you tap on an input field which keyboard will be prompted?

I think that its not easy a merge for these project: portrait-keyboard use standard maemo code, fastsms use only qt and it is written to be platform indipendent. but i will try to speak with w00t

thank you again!
By delivery reports.

I mean if you go into the Conversations app then Settings and then check the box "Receive SMS delivery reports.

It then means that when you send a text, once your text reaches whoever your sending it to, you recieve a notification saying "<Persons Name> has recieved your text"

Thing is.. When you send a text via your app. That notification doesn't happen

Maybe the way it pushes the message through the Nokia conversation app needs to be adjusted?

I am not altogether sure how you would achieve this solution, it would just be nice to have

That portrait keyboard is a replacement for the default QWERTY keyboard for Maemo. But seeing as you have the basic algorithm for your T9 and it works perfectly, maybe you could give them a hand on the T9 side of things, to try and speed things along?

Again, I am not sure all the requirements on the programming side, I am a novice java programmer myself, but im gnna try n get to grips with Qt and Maemo this summer