Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Yep.

So. I uninstalled and tried to find settings, but yeah there is no .tecnoballz dir in home. So installed again and tried and no go. Rebooted and tried and no. Also tried to find config file but could not find.

Image file attachement shows sitsuation.

Devel & extras are enabled. What next?

..edit
And now it works....one of these days. Maybe moon or stars.
Attached Images

Last edited by slender; 2010-06-10 at 19:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
This used to be one of my all-time biggest time suckers back in the good ol' Amiga days, and now that's proving to be true in the good ol' N900 days as well! Kudos for porting such a classic

Any chance of getting accelerometer support in there someday?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
This used to be one of my all-time biggest time suckers back in the good ol' Amiga days, and now that's proving to be true in the good ol' N900 days as well! Kudos for porting such a classic

Any chance of getting accelerometer support in there someday?
The project says it supports joystick so you should already be able to use accelerometer with accelemymote.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
The project says it supports joystick so you should already be able to use accelerometer with accelemymote.
Oh sweet! I missed that note -- thanks

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Oh sweet! I missed that note -- thanks
Well that's the original project. If it works, please do report back in this thread and/or the accelemymote thread. It would be good to know it's useful for other games than the few i had in mind.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Well that's the original project. If it works, please do report back in this thread and/or the accelemymote thread. It would be good to know it's useful for other games than the few i had in mind.
It works!

It was a bit tricky to figure out how to grapple with it at first as it immediately seized control of the main-menu selection in TechnoballZ and wouldn't stop scrolling long enough to let me start a game, but I set proximity sensor to 'turtle mode', and it works really well

I have some questions about tweaking the setup, but I'm going to take them over to the Accelemymote thread, since they're probably more generally related to your app than this one..

The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Thanks v13! Good job!

I recall some annoyances with the mouse steering mapping to touchpad/tablet absolute coordinates. Iirc i tweaked the source to accept the absolute position without any accel delay.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Thanks v13! Good job!

I recall some annoyances with the mouse steering mapping to touchpad/tablet absolute coordinates. Iirc i tweaked the source to accept the absolute position without any accel delay.
I've left this project (port) unmaintained for some time but I'll catch up soon.

Yes, there is an option for absolute mouse positioning instead of relative, which should work very well when using the finger.

I'll try this for a next release but first I need to figure out why it doesn't go full screen for some (as slender noted).

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by slender View Post
And now it works....one of these days. Maybe moon or stars.
Oh

If anyone else faces the same problem (not going full-screen) please, show me the output of this:

Code:
$ dpkg -l |grep -E '(libsdl-image1.2|libsdl1.2)'

The Following User Says Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post: