Active Topics

I've just started to use claws mail (which is in the extra devel repository) which I was used to in my previous n800.

anyone knows when it will be in the official repositories.

Can it be connected to the n900 contatcts?

thanks in advance

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I miss the possibility to sort mails since PR1.2 - anyone else?
Then please vote for this Bug Report: #10332

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Indianapolis
Has anyone found anything to help with modest and it's incessant CPU usage and very slow responsiveness?

Mine constantly uses 100% CPU for long periods of time (a minute or more) since installing 1.2, and my battery can hardly last a few hours because of it.

I run Conky and see modest at the top of the list constantly. I have one MFE account, one IMAP account (gmail), and one POP account.

Here's a Conky screenhot showing the trend:

Any ideas? Seems like no real answers have been found yet but thought I'd add to the list

I have the same problem. It's driving me up the walls. For such a slick phone, amazing hardware, to be so LIMITED when it comes to email is frankly shocking.

I firmly believe that this flaw will be the death of the N900. There is no way I can recommend this phone to people because of the atrocious email client. Previous to 1.2 I was telling people, "there's an update coming, it might be alright", now I'm just honest with them, "this phone can't handle email properly, stay away from it".

I wish I didn't have to say, but there's no way I'm going to recommend something this brutal.

And the frustrating thing is that there seems to be NOTHING that we, as a community, can do. The frustration of impotence!

The Following User Says Thank You to edanto For This Useful Post:
FYI - I have the same problem. Every now and again I see Modest gobbling up massive amounts of CPU. grrrrr

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by edanto View Post
I have the same problem. It's driving me up the walls. For such a slick phone, amazing hardware, to be so LIMITED when it comes to email is frankly shocking.
And the frustrating thing is that there seems to be NOTHING that we, as a community, can do. The frustration of impotence!
I share your frustration edanto...

Just about the only thing the community can do to get Nokia out of its complacent ivory tower and take notice is to vote for bugs and suggest solutions to shortcomings in brainstorms. This one here is dedicated to "Modest".

Indeed!

I posted a solution on that brainstorm a few months back but it still only has 26 votes. Not the overwhelming response I was hoping for!

Is there any way that we could get in touch with the developers of the mail client to ask them about improving it?!

Anyone notice the vast improvements in the email client [modest] following the recent upgrade to PR 1.3 ?

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
Anyone notice the vast improvements in the email client [modest] following the recent upgrade to PR 1.3 ?
It`s faster now....but still 'mark all as read' doesn`t exist!