Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Can I ask here about the uPnP plugin?

I installed Canola2 2.0.0-maemo1 and the uPnP plugin 0.1.2-maemo2.

But canola doesn't give me a media server option?

Did I do something stupid?
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Hi, everyone. I am using a N810 OS2008 Diablo tablet. I am having problems with Canola 2. Idid everything in this post. First, I could not start Canola. Using canola-cleanup solved this. However, I used to have Canola2.0.0 maemo 2 installed. Afterwards, it installed maemo 1 version, not maemo 2. Now, I can not use plugins. Someone, please help me!

Canola was running fine until last week when I started having trouble playing youtube on my N810 wimax (RX-48). Now I get the error that says "unable to resolve url". Have unistalled and reinstalled everything. Even restored back to two months ago. Tried canola-cleanup but that gives me an error as well "Unsupported platform, please report"

Any ideas or other post I should try?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
can anyone help me install canola, it wont install, says conflict with libeina0
i ran apt-get remove libeina0 but it said it wasnt installed, ive read lots of threads on canola but most of them are 2 years old and dont fix my problem,
also read a post with a guy asking for the same help, but no information what to do, really frustrating this linux packages stuff, i have just installed it on a friends n900 no problem, think its because i had enna installed but ive since removed that

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ California
I have an N810 with OS2008 Diablo.

Canola 2 is great, the canola program continues to get better all the time. Of course I have a wish list and did want to report an issue I had with installation.

I could not get it to install, it kept saying there was a conflict, I went through everyting until I found that once I uninstalled Quick Clip it installed fine.

I am still unable to install the "Canola IM Plugin", it says there are three missing "telephathy" files. I would like to be able to install this plug in.

This could become a "primary user interface" which would be great and it is very close to being there. The "icon access" and scrolling menu is wonderful and gives it a more "modern" feel.

It is visually appealing, easy to operate and would make the nokia tablets more competetive and appealing to those who like the iPod touch, iPhone and Android user interface systems...

Wish list:

It could be my primary "user interface" for the things that I use the tablet for most often with just a few more tweaks.

Allow it to link to other files, either other programs or a specific folder that may be stored on a memory card. And allow the user to create / add an icon for the folder / link.

Like, I have lots of flash games in a folder and since Canola is a "media" player, I would love to be able to create an icon and a link to my game folder.

An equalizer for the audio would be great, even if it is a separate program rather than a plug in, so long as we can create a link and icon to it and access it from Canola.

A few more options in the menu would be very nice. Like, display properties, allow the user to select the number of rows and / or colums to display. I would like to be able to display two rows / colums and be able to scroll through the list. And allow the user to move and "organize" the icons into groups or at least let the user decide in what order they will display.

Add either a plugin or a way to let the user create an icon and link to a text reader, book reader, audio book program.

Along the same lines, I would like to see a web browser either as a plugin or a user created link and icon.

And having to enter URL's manually really is a pain, could you create an option for the user to "access" the browser history or the bookmarks so that we can add a URL that way. If we could simply select a URL from the bookmarks or history it would really simplify things.

Last edited by morr22066; 2010-06-20 at 23:23.