Notices

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Awesome, get the accelerometer control working as well as midi support. Getting the midis working was as simple as installing the duke nukem timidity package and then moving the midis to /opt/d1x-rebirth/music. I didn't even have to make any changes in the game, it just worked.

Now all I need to do is master the controls, the accelerometer is too sensitive.
Where are these midis? Couldn't find them on my Descent installation.

Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Where are these midis? Couldn't find them on my Descent installation.
I think I got them from that DXX website.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I missed this thread due to being overwhelmed with Real Life. Good work and i'll add the link to the Accelemymote thread as a supported app. I also finally got around to changing the title, but FYI it's now possible to do that yourself as of this week.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
I know I have version 1.4... I don't know if I have 1.4a. The game loads fine, but when I go to configure controls the program gets stuck when I try to input any controls. I haven't tried getting the sound set up yet... but I can't get any controls configured because it locks up. Help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by burntbit View Post
I know I have version 1.4... I don't know if I have 1.4a. The game loads fine, but when I go to configure controls the program gets stuck when I try to input any controls. I haven't tried getting the sound set up yet... but I can't get any controls configured because it locks up. Help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hmm, didn't have any problems when setting up the controls. What do you mean with "stuck"? Did it freeze? You can go back to the previous menu with Shift+Backspace if this is your problem.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Anyone else getting "illegal instruction" when they try to launch this?

I have the .pig and .hog files and I think they're patched to at least 1.4a. After that it complained about not being able to access the descent.mid file in my home directory, but after clearing that by downloading a the full set of .midi files I still get an illegal instruction error.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
So I got everything running just fine, looks beautiful. But... what's the best way to control it? I'll be literally spinning around non-stop with the touchscreen and accelerometer, and I'm not fast enough with the keyboard to use just it.

I don't think I was that bad on this when I played on my PC back in the day. :P

Originally Posted by fwrnando View Post
So I got everything running just fine, looks beautiful. But... what's the best way to control it? I'll be literally spinning around non-stop with the touchscreen and accelerometer, and I'm not fast enough with the keyboard to use just it.

can you post the checksums for the descnt .pg and .hog files that worked for you? I've tried three different sets and am still stuck at "illegal instruction".

Also, did you download the entire set of .mid sound files for the game or just using the delivered descent.mid?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fwrnando View Post

I'm using Accelemymote, not with the default settings though. These worked for me pretty good:
offset_pitch = 35
max_roll = 25
max_pitch = 25

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
can you post the checksums for the descnt .pg and .hog files that worked for you? I've tried three different sets and am still stuck at "illegal instruction".

Also, did you download the entire set of .mid sound files for the game or just using the delivered descent.mid?
$ md5sum descent.*
c792a21a30b869b1ec6d31ad64e9557e descent.hog
fa7e48b7b1495399af838e31ac13b7da descent.pig

I wonder why it complains about a illegal instruction... could you try to reinstall d1x-rebirth? Maybe your binary got damaged and causes this error...

The Following User Says Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LordNelson View Post

$ md5sum descent.*
c792a21a30b869b1ec6d31ad64e9557e descent.hog
fa7e48b7b1495399af838e31ac13b7da descent.pig

I wonder why it complains about a illegal instruction... could you try to reinstall d1x-rebirth? Maybe your binary got damaged and causes this error...
Well here's my md5sum:
074200a7dc73162b0149b7c66421f333 descent.hog
3050b0b21f7fbc4e7ecadcc3306c3914 descent.pig

So I guess the illegal instruction is what you see when using the wrong game data files.

Anyone wanna help a brother out in updating his .pig and .hog files?

Last edited by cddiede; 2010-06-30 at 10:36.