Active Topics

Notices

I managed to connect the external GPS with carman and it's working.

Originally Posted by Juster View Post
wel i did not manage to install it
maby i have to get some one to help me
this is the fact
home/user # apt-get install carman
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
carman: Depends: carmand-panel (>= 0.7) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: carmand (>= 0.7) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: carman-location-wrapper (>= 0.7) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: carman-ui (>= 0.7) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
/home/user #

any help ?

regards
juster
Can someone please answer this? I'm stuck in the same boat as well and cant install since the current build has dependencies for the previous Python 2.5 and I'm on PR1.2 with Python 2.6.

Anyone kind enough to advise on how to get around this?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Can someone please answer this? I'm stuck in the same boat as well and cant install since the current build has dependencies for the previous Python 2.5 and I'm on PR1.2 with Python 2.6.

Anyone kind enough to advise on how to get around this?

Thanks in advance!
are you trying to install it from the carman repository or from extras-devel repository?

use exstras devel

Juster

where did you guys buyed the hardware for this software(preferable uk)....

thanx

Originally Posted by p900 View Post
are you trying to install it from the carman repository or from extras-devel repository?
From the Extras-Devel Repo... I havent configured the Carman Repo (dont know what it is actually)..

I did an Apt-get install Carman using root.. came back to say that carman: Depends: Carman-ui (>= 0.7-pre-alpha-1-1) but is not going to be installed. When you apt-get install carman-ui, says Depends: python2.5-efi-core (>= 0.9.9.050+svn38845-maemo1) but is not going to be installed. Also Depends: hildon-inf-ecore but is not going to be installed

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Drove 1000km with N900 CarMan showing gauges over the weekend, seemed to work fine. Had to drive and had the family with me so didn't play with it too much while driving.

N900's small screen would benefit from a clearer theme, those red-on-red "LED" digits and gauge labels are too difficult to see if the device is on the dashboard or in a phone holder. Also a portrait mode would be nice as many users have a vertical phone holder on their dashboards if also other family members need to attach phones.

GPS did actually work fine after reboot, it's just not listed in the list of found GPS (bluetooth actually) devices. A couple of times the OBD device wasn't connected at the first try but worked fine after found.

Looks very good, as far as I could see it works just like with N8x0.

Like most, using the DealExtreme adapter, works fine and should arrive in a couple of weeks to your local post office, shipping free. The case can be cut open with a sharp knife, after that the plug was maybe 12mm lower and fitted nicely under the fusebox cover of my car. Not that it would be recommended to leave a device that can be used to wirelessly control your car attached all the time

did manage to get it installed, did disabel all of the acauntn's exept extras-devel but did not get the gauge showing data . are going to try it in another car later

Juster

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Zodie View Post
Also, my N900 gets confused with the internal GPS status after I close Carman. Any else getting this?
After closing the application my N900 keeps the GPS and BT on. BT can be set offline but the GPS stays on, even when I start another GPS program and closes that one. Carman sees the internal GPS and I see connecting -> fixing -> fixed but Carman does nothing with the GPS, no info on any of the screens.

Another strange thing, when I exit Carman my cpu seems locked at max mhz (700 in my case).

Grtx

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Rauma
I have the same thing.
After I have used Carman, battery drains quite fast (locked cpu eating all power?)
I don't use GPS for now, because after Carman use had to reboot my N900 to lose GPS locking.