Active Topics

Notices

After the recent update the program just reads the contacts database and startup and crashes. I have deinstalled, and reinstalled the application, and also restarted my device, but the problem persists. I can't use the program properly because it crahses immediatly after reading the contacts database

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
After the recent update the program just reads the contacts database and startup and crashes. I have deinstalled, and reinstalled the application, and also restarted my device, but the problem persists. I can't use the program properly because it crahses immediatly after reading the contacts database
I can't think of anything that has changed that could cause this. I have two suggestions:

1. rename the /home/user/.mycontacts folder to something else. It will reset the application but you won't have access to anything you created before (settings/groups/style sheets) but will give us a good clue to find the bug.

2. after trying #1 if the problem persists send (PM) me the /home/user/.mycontacts/log.txt file and I will look for some clues.

Felipe

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Fcrochik, do you think you can modify the program to look like sony123's. He posted the code on last page. It would be nice if you can make it reflect the way he did it so everybody can enjoy. Thanks for the great product.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
id really like for the programme to cache the contacts without having the appletter running, i havent got the space to put it on my homescreen but want to use it with fastsms, or is there a way to have the applete running but not showing?
if the applete was resizable id use it
thanks

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Fcrochik, do you think you can modify the program to look like sony123's. He posted the code on last page. It would be nice if you can make it reflect the way he did it so everybody can enjoy. Thanks for the great product.
I have changed for the next version the "default font size" to smaller size but don't want to get rid of the "second phone button" because right now it is the only way to start a skype and/or google voice call.

Changing the style sheets is very easy. Maybe the best idea is to have these two files with their original names attached to the thread so you can just download and save them to the right place (/home/user/.mycontacts).

If the idea of different skins starts to be used I will just create a setting allowing you to select a folder with the "set of style files" - this way you can have multiple "skins" and just try each without problems.

p.s. On very interesting and simple change is to use the "Droid Sans" font...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
id really like for the programme to cache the contacts without having the appletter running, i havent got the space to put it on my homescreen but want to use it with fastsms, or is there a way to have the applete running but not showing?
if the applete was resizable id use it
thanks
Right now your only option is to leave the application running (not the appet) but will show on your task list. Later on I will allow you to install a daemon ...

Another idea for now is just adding more desktops. I saw a thread about that but haven't tested my self:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=724809

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-06-30 at 15:51.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
thats what im after just the daemon, i dont wont more than 4 desktops preferably, but i want the love the functionality of ur programme. just enjoying the speed your progressing at great work dude

Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
thats what im after just the daemon, i dont wont more than 4 desktops preferably, but i want the love the functionality of ur programme. just enjoying the speed your progressing at great work dude
I will add to the least ... It may actually be pretty easy to accomplish and I can sneak it in on a next release.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I have changed for the next version the "default font size" to smaller size but don't want to get rid of the "second phone button" because right now it is the only way to start a skype and/or google voice call.

Changing the style sheets is very easy. Maybe the best idea is to have these two files with their original names attached to the thread so you can just download and save them to the right place (/home/user/.mycontacts).

If the idea of different skins starts to be used I will just create a setting allowing you to select a folder with the "set of style files" - this way you can have multiple "skins" and just try each without problems.

p.s. On very interesting and simple change is to use the "Droid Sans" font...
I also think eliminating the phone button highly depends on individual's taste and it's best not be the default setting. For me I just want to have a way to look at the contact info in portrait mode so I want as much space for numbers and don't mind losing the call button.

Yeah I post the code instead of files because I don't know where to put the files... fcrochik I think having the option to change style is not important because as you said, changing style is not that hard now.

1. On PC, copy the codes I pasted into two separate files with filesname "contact_landscape.css" and "contact_portrait.css".

2. Transfer them to your N900, let's say put in MyDocs.

3. Launch Xterm, type 'sudo gainroot'

4. Type 'cd .mycontacts'

5. Type 'cp /home/usr/MyDocs/contact_portrait.css .' and 'cp /home/usr/MyDoc/contact_landscape.css .' And you are done!

(I'm skipping the backup step because I think the 'Reset skin' button in setting will reset the css, is it correct?)

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
(I'm skipping the backup step because I think the 'Reset skin' button in setting will reset the css, is it correct?)
Yes... Just make sure that if you customize the css files that you have a copy of your version somewhere else too because when you update the application it will likely "reset" them automatically as part of the setup.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: