Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
DJ_Steve, is kernel patches available?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
e-yes:
have you been able to have a look at the files I uploaded for you guys, yet?

Are the new rootfs's going to still be uploaded here (linked here) or all going via installer script/HAM?
I want to install manually still (including staying in RD mode).

Last edited by kingoddball; 2010-07-04 at 08:58.

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
e-yes:
have you been able to have a look at the files I uploaded for you guys, yet?

Are the new rootfs's going to still be uploaded here (linked here) or all going via installer script/HAM?
I want to install manually still (including staying in RD mode).
I also prefer to install by hand because I have more than 2 partitions on my SD card. Why do you want to stay in R&D mode?

Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Will there ever be a fully working version of Android for N900? I mean a decently usable one, with all the functions that there would be on an Android phone?
That is ofcourse the ultimate aim, but if you have read even part of this thread you will understand the issues/problems steve etc have faced and IMO they have come along way in short time, the answer to your question is nobody knows, if/when it is possible you will know via this thread, but for now just be patient! Or buy an android handset if u r that desperate. By far the most complicated part it would seem is phone/txt/3g capabilities.. People continually asking this question is unproductive IMO..

The Following User Says Thank You to Luz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
That is ofcourse the ultimate aim, but if you have read even part of this thread you will understand the issues/problems steve etc have faced and IMO they have come along way in short time, the answer to your question is nobody knows, if/when it is possible you will know via this thread, but for now just be patient! Or buy an android handset if u r that desperate. By far the most complicated part it would seem is phone/txt/3g capabilities.. People continually asking this question is unproductive IMO..
well said

i at the moment am back on my eclair dev build arguing with the PVR-SGX drivers, making very good progress with this (modules etc load but it wont initilize as yet, being worked on tho

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ İstanbul - Turkey
I don't believe GSM module is that important(would be nice of course ), since we have dual-boot option. Just like I have a Windows partition for games, I'll have an Android partition for gaming and will use Maemo for phone and Internet. Nothing can beat MicroB, at least for now :P

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Optln View Post
I don't believe GSM module is that important(would be nice of course ), since we have dual-boot option. Just like I have a Windows partition for games, I'll have an Android partition for gaming and will use Maemo for phone and Internet. Nothing can beat MicroB, at least for now :P
The reason why it is deemed important is that it will make it a more attractive project for both users and developers alike.

I think working Google Apps (Market especially) together with WiFi will be interesting enough if 3D acceleration works.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
hello guys ..

a question: Bluetooth still works? I remember that worked in the beginning, but after the uptades still not worked!?

Originally Posted by PePPeN20 View Post
hello guys ..

a question: Bluetooth still works? I remember that worked in the beginning, but after the uptades still not worked!?
The move from android 2.1 to 2.2 is a little drastic.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid