Free cases. LOL at watching share price turn positive for the day on the case announcement.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
"A free case for every iPhone 4 buyer. If you got one, we'll give you a refund."

"And if you're not happy, you can bring the phone back. We'll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can't make you happy we'll give you a full refund."

So no free replacement/silent recall.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Hrm.. we'll have to agree to disagree then. Silence leads to speculation.. which can be equally as deadly as lies.

Again.. there is no "lesser" evil. If I "had" to choose one or the other.. I'm telling you there is no choice. It matters not which one happens as both are wrong. If they had a gun to my head saying "pick one" i'd just flip a coin.

Heads - Silence
Tails - Lies
We're definitely going to have to agree to disagree-- especially since speculation is 100% in the purview of the individual, whereas in this case the lies/manipulation are in the hands of the corporate entity and directed at individuals as an attack. Which is why I see lies as much, much more harmful. Not even a contest IMO, so forget coin flips.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
So what's the prediction?

Mine is...

Jobs will show up, he'll talk about the success of iPhone 4 launch and give some great marketing numbers...

...then he'll mention the many 'unnecessary knee jerk reaction from blogosphere which spread to the media' of the antenna issues... then he'll pull up some sort of scientific measurements of how this sort of problem is prevalent in just about all cellular transmitter design (with varying degree) and that the iphone4's occurrence is still (measurably) within a certain tolerance...

...but they still strive to make their product the best/completely satisfy their customers, so they'll offer options (pick one)...

- free bumper? (this may be appealing to those with minor issue)
- replacement to new revision (with some conditions... for those with real problems)
- $25 itunes voucher (to quell the masses which doesn't have any problems with their iphone 4)

then as he walks off the stage, he'd pause for a second and turn...
"Oh one more thing... We have worked with Adobe to bring Flash 10.1 to iOS platform. It will be in the next update!"

And the crowd goes wild...
Well, I missed the Flash part

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA

Surprise = bad. The antenna performance problem was a surprise.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
"We love our users so much, we're giving you a half-arsed cheap fix for the problem rather than redesign the product as we should!"

* Crowd goes wild *

The sh1tstorm is likely to continue, but free tacky bumpers should help quieten some of the noise.

Funny how he quotes the "Applecare" figures saying that only 0.55% of owners reported a death-grip problem - would anyone experiencing this problem really bother contacting Apple to complain after reading Jobs' snotty "You're holding it wrong" email reply?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
So... is it better to completely ignore the users with a wall of silence or give a theatrical sh*tspin and $30 in their pocket?

The question remains...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
We're definitely going to have to agree to disagree-- especially since speculation is 100% in the purview of the individual, whereas in this case the lies/manipulation are in the hands of the corporate entity and directed at individuals as an attack. Which is why I see lies as much, much more harmful. Not even a contest IMO, so forget coin flips.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

The first couple lies someone tells you is harmful, sure. Once you know you're dealing with a liar you can act accordingly and take what they say with a grain of salt (an intelligent person anyway..)

Silence on the other hand breeds lies and assumptions from unknown sources. They grow and people look and search for reasons to "prove" their on hypothesis.

Further silence, and no official wording negating those lies is seen as a confirmation of those speculations.

Silence itself is a form of action. So it is still in the hands of the corporation to allow falsehoods to flourish. That is equal to having started the falsehood itself.

(I know we're agreeing to disagree here.. I just like debating with you Tex )
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Surprise = bad. The antenna performance problem was a surprise.
Lol. Exactly.

It's funny.. I hear people walking around my office here now going "Well Steve Jobs did the right thing finally. Giving free bumpers to people with iphone 4 and allowing refunds."

Keyword here is finally... it's amazing what people will overlook and "forgive". How many different deflections has apple made since the release of the iPhone4? They "finally" are giving "free" bumpers.. and that makes it all ok? LOL.

I love people.. they remind me so often why I hate them.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

So... is it better to completely ignore the users with a wall of silence or give a theatrical sh*tspin and $30 in their pocket?

The question remains...
How about, give a free bumper and no spinning? But fat chance of that happening, Apple isn't like that.

Oh well, let's hope consumers learned from this experience that Apple isn't godly and infallible. I'll settle for that.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
"A free case for every iPhone 4 buyer. If you got one, we'll give you a refund."

"And if you're not happy, you can bring the phone back. We'll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can't make you happy we'll give you a full refund."

So no free replacement/silent recall.
They might slowly replace the devices as they get serviced? A recall would be expensive, more expensive than giving away free bumpers.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I love people.. they remind me so often why I hate them.
Don't take too many courses in psychology and sociology. Nor read alot of philosophical books, it just makes you more annoyed at people.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
let's turn off, the dim light