Notices

Hmm, is there a way to set it to automatically connect to the internet after switching back to 2G? Without the use of search for internet connections every 10 minutes in settings =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Is there a way to automatically connect to the internet when you unlock the screen? That would be really cool :-)

Thanks for doing this app. just what i needed. i was forever killing batteries cause i would keep forgetting to dissconnect from the net.

just a thought though, is there anyway you can make it auto reconnect? i find cause i am a slow reader that sometimes by the time i get to the bottom of a web page and hit the next page button it has shut my connection. it isn't a major issue as all i have to do is tell it what to connect to again (one touch). but just a thought.

again top job! love your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to TLRstacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
Originally Posted by TLRstacker View Post
i find cause i am a slow reader that sometimes by the time i get to the bottom of a web page and hit the next page button it has shut my connection.
I don't know what version you have, but on my version under the 'When should AutoDisconnect be active?' there's a 'When the device is locked' option that will only close down the connection if the screen is off, so as long as you're reading stuff it will not disconnect you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ikari For This Useful Post:
Any news about the pidgin function ?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Calvin, could you perhaps increase the dual 2g/3g autoswitch from having a max of 8" to perhaps a higher number, I know it has been mentioned before and to be honest I thought I could handle it but is starting to slowly drive me insane now.
Yep. Already planned.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm, is there a way to set it to automatically connect to the internet after switching back to 2G? Without the use of search for internet connections every 10 minutes in settings =P
Nops. That's how Maemo has been designed (See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7180)

@calvin_42 is there a reason why when changing from 2g to dual it has to turn off the reciever and loose all signal? I assume this is a n900 bug, just wondered if there was a fix to this as I wouldn't mind quickly connecting using the current reciever i.e 2g and then just cranking it up to 3g, in a way it needs to be on dual all the time but disconnected, if the user then connects the connection is almost seemless if available.

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
@calvin_42 is there a reason why when changing from 2g to dual it has to turn off the reciever and loose all signal? I assume this is a n900 bug, just wondered if there was a fix to this as I wouldn't mind quickly connecting using the current reciever i.e 2g and then just cranking it up to 3g, in a way it needs to be on dual all the time but disconnected, if the user then connects the connection is almost seemless if available.
I really don't know if it's a bug or a technical limitation of the n900 or phones generally speaking

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Any news about the pidgin function ?
Don't wanna annoy you :P
Just asking