Active Topics

I've been using Gtalk through the VoIP and IM accounts settings on my N900 for some time now without any problems. All of a sudden it just signed me out and won't sign me back in.

No matter which internet connection I have (MMS, GPRS or Wifi), it won't sign me in.

I've tried with both variations of the email address ( {username}@gmail.com and {username}@googlemail.com ) and neither work.

Under advanced settings, it says:

Resource: Maemo
Auto-detect STUN is ticked.

Can anyone solve this for me?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Have you tried using the web page to check the login works? Could be a glitch or an account hijaak.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Have you tried using the web page to check the login works? Could be a glitch or an account hijaak.
I can sign into my email account just fine, and I can sign into Gtalk on my laptop, so it seems to just be the N900.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Might be worth checking if it works with Pidgin on your N900. might be a corrupt install. If a reboot and battery pull doesn't sort it then try a reinstall.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Might be worth checking if it works with Pidgin on your N900. might be a corrupt install. If a reboot and battery pull doesn't sort it then try a reinstall.
Ok, on further investigation, my Pidgin won't sign in to any account and none of my web pages will load.

My 3G signal is full, and my phone is connected to the MMS connection, so now I have no idea what's wrong.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Try deleting the account, and adding it again.

Originally Posted by alienhead View Post
Try deleting the account, and adding it again.
I've tried and it didn't make any difference.

My web browser still won't connect to any web pages and Pidgin won't log in either so I think it's a problem with the internet, not just the IM.

whn i try to login to gtalk it gives me an error "unable to connect to more than one accounts" gtalk works fine with pidgin but dot with the built in IM. can u make voice and video calls using pidgin, if yes how to configure it do we need to install new packages for that?