Active Topics

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
People, I discovery what was going with my tablet. Overheated. After 1hour in the refrigerator and two reflashes (To know that is really going to work), it is working again! But now, I had downgraded to Chinook and DiabloTurbo doesn't work... When i upgrade i will test again.

With D-Bus broken i can't do anything!

Another thing, i had discovered a problem with Launcher: After installed, it doesn't appear. After a reboot, control panel, panels, restarted the status-bar, it worked. Very cool. After some changes, all working. BUT, when i tryed to open App Manager, i doesn't appear! In Xterm, it was running, but no GUI. Lookinf forward for my App Manager work again

Best Regards,

No Reboot Loop! Thanks God!

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuliobaars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Philippines
Wow! This looks like what I've been looking for, to complete a Diablo5 + Telescope + Launcher trinity. But I think I'll wait a bit for a less dangerous version. *twiddles thumbs*

Thanks for this app and keep up the good work!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Thanks Tso for the suggestion I'll look into it. It does seem promising.

Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
Does running Personal Launcher and Telescope interfere with this launcher not working?

I installed the deb files on my n810 which went fine but nothing happens in the way of a change of the launcher on reboot.

Also, I believe with Telescope, the launcher shows an option for which apps to include and in which catagories but the actual tick box is grayed out.

Finally, In Control Panel, I have no "Menu" option. There was instruction to get to the launcher through "Menu" and uncheck then recheck it. I can't find a "Menu" option anywhere in my control panel.
FYI: running the most recent version of OS 2008.

thx
Which package do you install? If you install the launcher-navigator package, you'll need to follow my guide on the first post to enable them. Or you can try Tso's way to enable them which seem promising.

Originally Posted by tuliobaars View Post
Another thing, i had discovered a problem with Launcher: After installed, it doesn't appear. After a reboot, control panel, panels, restarted the status-bar, it worked. Very cool. After some changes, all working. BUT, when i tryed to open App Manager, i doesn't appear! In Xterm, it was running, but no GUI. Lookinf forward for my App Manager work again
You shouldn't need to reboot for the latest package. The package will try to terminate the launcher for you. What you have to do, just go the control-panel->panels then tick the application launcher. I'm assuming that you installed the launcher package (not launcher-navigator)

Also on the latest package, I should have fixed the problem with app manager not opening. Does anyone else experiencing this same problem?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
You should post a screenshot in the first post so we can see it in action. After reading the thread I'm probably not going to install until it's more stable, just like diabloturbo. I really hate having taskmanager/menu in the statusbar, especially since the menu doesnt work with rotation.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

I've noticed that new programs don't seem to show up in new launcher

Updated to 0.1.3 on N800. All aplications can be launched now and the banner is shown.
There is a problem with rotation, if launched when rotated the app is cut in half and stays cut whenever launchr when returning to landscape.
Can you tell me how to restart the deamon so I don't have to reboot ?

edit:
Can't launch E-mail (modest), the banner says "Starting E-mail" but it does not open. I can still launch it from the original menu.

Last edited by giladmttw; 2010-07-22 at 23:45.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Jucato View Post
Wow! This looks like what I've been looking for, to complete a Diablo5 + Telescope + Launcher trinity. But I think I'll wait a bit for a less dangerous version. *twiddles thumbs*

You and me both
Can't "afford" the time to reflash my N810 at this time so am hoping for a stable release to come out as well so I can use this great-looking mod.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
You forgot to say about DiabloTurbo....

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.