Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by helihyv View Post
It could be workable to be actually playable on N900... It's keyboard controlled, though. Perhaps someday...
Keeping my fingers crossed! Entertaining games seem to be way on top of the request list, so you'd probably be drowned in thanks upon a playable release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
That's what I was talking about - that one will get 99.9% of all votes.
Well I dunno about that.. all 6 apps are really excellent

At the end, I did what No!No!No!Yes! did in this thread, and stuck a lump of change log in it http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=319. Still, I had to delete hundreds of words from that just to make the post under the limit...

No!No!No!Yes! pm me if you'd like to change the change log, but tell me what to write!!

BTW Ive requested for the Desktop voting thread to be stickied, it's kinda falling away cos we're collecting votes and not replies..

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-07-22 at 07:29.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Just wanted to share some information about the donations.

We've got 28 donations from 27 individual persons.
In total there was donated 650,28€.
So every person has donated in average 24,08€.
PayPal fees are in total 27,10€.
That makes at the end 623,18€.

Thank you all for your support!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
thats $797.36 or £524.83 for reference

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Wow, that's a lot - once again, this tells quite a lot about this community!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
HI,

I finally fixed one strange and annoying bug in my program
for this competition (scout). The current version is
0.0.5 my new version is 0.0.6 and uploaded to the extras-devel
autobuilder. But the build failed for the i386 target.
The armel target succeed but it isn't available from the
repository as long as i386 target doesn't succeed.
I hope I can use the 0.0.6 version as my submission for the
competition.

regards
nicolai
Hi nicolai,
in case you haven't solved your problem yet: If you don't need your application built for i386 (and in the autobuilder you most probably don't), you can set this in your debian/control file:
Code:
Architecture: armel
(you probably have either all or any instead of armel there.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lukash For This Useful Post:
Even though I've sent you a PM, kojacker, I'm posting more complete info here to spare you the trouble of looking for other info elsewhere. I'm quite sure you're gonna go crazy by the time you finish all the categories anyway... If I can help in any way, let me know. (you should have made the list of required info and strict format public sooner, that would save some trouble... )

App name: case
Author: Lukas Hrazky (lukash)
Brief description: A two-pane file manager for N900. It aims to provide clean and effective interface to allow fast and comfortably manage your files. Current version features copying, moving and deleting files and directories with advanced dialogs for overwriting files and handling errors. It does so in the background with progress and ETA indication and allows multiple operations simultaneously.
Screenshots:

Features/work to be judged: everything as of version 0.1.1
Package name and where to find the app: case in extras-devel
Maemo.org thread and garage page:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58817
http://garage.maemo.org/projects/case

EDIT: Hey! did you notice I took that screenshot precisely at midnight? That should definately be judged separately as an exhibition of extreme skill (I was working hard on the button icons till about 23:30, because it looked really bad without them...)

Last edited by lukash; 2010-07-24 at 09:28. Reason: added one more screenshot

The Following User Says Thank You to lukash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
Guys, don't you think we should advertise voting at least on: maemo-community, maemo-users mailing list, #maemo irc channel, Planet Maemo and Twitter?

I don't know how/where to vote neither :\
LastGo - Last.fm client for Maemo/MeeGo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy80 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andy80 View Post
Guys, don't you think we should advertise voting at least on: maemo-community, maemo-users mailing list, #maemo irc channel, Planet Maemo and Twitter?

I don't know how/where to vote neither :\
Andy I think it's a great idea, and you are very welcome to write about the competition and advertise it anywhere you want. If you could do so on the competition's behalf that would be great! Please remember this is a community competition, not mine or anyone else's, and we only got where we are today through the help of everyone! Many people advertised the competition throughout Maemo.org, Nokia fansites, and even on other handheld systems like the Pandora development sites. It's been a pretty awesome team effort for a bunch of amateurs

We're at 5.743 views by the way on the wiki. So some people are definitely knowing we are here

If you looked up 2 or 3 posts before posting, you'd have seen a link to the first voting thread - Desktop Apps Voting Thread. At the top of the thread is a forum poll, the same as any poll on here or almost anywhere else. You put the dot against the option you want to vote for and register it. It's that simple! You can't miss it, it's right there at the top of the screen.

So I'd encourage you to have a look at the thread, try out the applications, and have a think about who deserves your vote the most.. and then place it! Let me know how you get on, we'll call it the "andy80 test"

The voting threads are going to be staggered a little, later on today we'll be having the Location & Navigation voting thread online. I'll be sure to update the thread when it happens.

Edit: By the way, there is a small section on voting on the wiki which links to the Desktop voting thread. It's not that clearly written, I'll tidy it up later after work

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-07-22 at 12:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Are all t.m.o. users allowed to vote in voting polls? I hope there are some limitations (like account created before competition started and at least 10 posts). I have a worry that if there is no limitation like that it would be possible to have a large amount of new users to vote for specific app. This is easily done by promoting your app on high traffic forums or mailing lists. I would sleep better if this kind of activity would be made impossible.

Last edited by dwaradzyn; 2010-07-22 at 13:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post: