Notices

Originally Posted by devensega View Post
yes it works and is playable but a weird graphical glitch that makes the screen flicker plays havok with my eyeballs.

At least in my case, try it.
Same for me :\

mapping keys is a pain for me as a noob. drnoksnes has a far better working key mapper. by the way most emulators do. its impossible to remap PS3 controller keys. why dont you let mupen64 ignore the sixaxis commands while remapping keys??? like most emulators do.

Its anoying. and by the way. its not fair that you claim that games like mario kart 64 runs at full speed when its not even close to getting 60 FPS even with an overclock to 950 mhz. (keep in mind that most n900's arent able to clock their speed above this and crashing in a reboot when you hit 1000 mhz)

This is my second n900. the first one easily ran 1150 mhz, but my new one cant get above 950 mhz. and some on my forum cant even run 950. The CPU in the n900 is very unstable and low budget made. making a 1000 mhz CPU and downgrading it to 600 will wash away most problems, until you overclock. keep that in mind!

On the other hand i must say its insanly nice to be able to play n64 games on my n900. its awsome! I hope you find a way to optimize it further so that we can play games full speed in the near future

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
mapping keys is a pain for me as a noob. drnoksnes has a far better working key mapper. by the way most emulators do. its impossible to remap PS3 controller keys. why dont you let mupen64 ignore the sixaxis commands while remapping keys??? like most emulators do.
I was COMPLETELY unaware other emulators had better GUI than this one! Amazing! Because you completely DESERVE this feature I'm going to go spend a good six months learning the ins and outs of programming and distribution on the hildon desktop, while juggling my full time job and full time uni studies.. just cause you deserve it!

Key note: This is sarcasm.. if you want something like this either A. Do it yourself or B. Spend an extra 3 seconds and lay the PS3 controller on a flat surface when entering keypresses. If you don't want to do either of this.. don't point out completely obvious facts to people that really have no power over them.

Its anoying.
Sure it is.

and by the way. its not fair that you claim that games like mario kart 64 runs at full speed
I never claimed that.

when its not even close to getting 60 FPS even with an overclock to 950 mhz.
N64 games didn't run 60FPS... they generally ran either 20FPS (NTSC) or 17 FPS (PAL). Perhaps get some straight facts before complaining about free, almost fully playable, applications.

(keep in mind that most n900's arent able to clock their speed above this and crashing in a reboot when you hit 1000 mhz)
Clock speed hasn't got to do with speed of many games in this regard.. it's being bottlenecked by the GPU.. and most likely your inability to use frameskip.

This is my second n900. the first one easily ran 1150 mhz, but my new one cant get above 950 mhz. and some on my forum cant even run 950. The CPU in the n900 is very unstable and low budget made. making a 1000 mhz CPU and downgrading it to 600 will wash away most problems, until you overclock. keep that in mind!
The CPU in the N900 is cheap because your clocking it at twice its recommended frequency and it has issues? The OMAP3430 was never designed to run at 1GHz. I drive my car at twice the speed recommended on the highway.. does that mean its the cars fault for being cheap if I can't make a turn?

On the other hand i must say its insanly nice to be able to play n64 games on my n900. its awsome! I hope you find a way to optimize it further so that we can play games full speed in the near future
I'm glad there is some good in your post. If you are desperate for a real nice racer: there have been several other suggestions of games that run well (F-Zero X etc.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
I consider myself a noob and had some problems with configuring the sixaxis controller. That does not mean that its the fault of others. Sometimes you have to put some of your own effort into things. Even though i know crap about linux/mobile phones the n900 sparked my interest and got me into doing things with a phone i have never done before.

Dont expect someolne else to do all the work for you, especially if the programmer can spend their time more wisely. I would rather see an improvement in stability of the emu then on making your life 0,1 percent easier configuring your controller. I could rant all day that I want zelda oot to work this instant, or I could just patiently wait and see if i can do anything myself to make it work.

Above all, I think that noobs like us, should be glad we have people like Izehho and Javispedro to make our device better. Instead of ranting how crappy some things are according to you, how about start thinking for a second that these people put a lot of effort into this project and that without them you would still be playing bounce the demo edition...

just my 5 cents..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m.r.a.haak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m.r.a.haak View Post
I could rant all day that I want zelda oot to work this instant, or I could just patiently wait and see if i can do anything myself to make it work.
On this as well, I've still heard nothing from the Pandora devs (which is odd) I believe he may be away or something. If you are desperate for it you can download my old version from below and take the gles plugin out (.mupen64plus/plugins/gles2n64.so), rename it and then place it in the /root/.mupen64plus/plugins/ directory... then select gles2n64 V0.0.3 from the GUI. Thats all the advice you get though :P

http://izzeh.radiodmp.net/mupen64plus-06-july.tar.gz

hi guyes where can i get roms ???

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by naturegodtm View Post
www.google.com

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by naturegodtm View Post
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
www.google.com
Looolz!! Good Advice!!!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kiel, Germany
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
... if you want something like this [...] Do it yourself...
a typical open source sentence... unfortunately.

Soo... i may not be "allowed" to be impatient, but zelda still doesn't work and there's still no update, so i'm asking you just to upload the outdated gles2n64.conf until mupen64plus gets updated. i would be very pleased

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Errr... Zelda Oot is working for me with the latest version. Have you tried a different rom? I am using the NTSC (US) version.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64