Notices

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hey Jonne, great effort you are making here. please consider to bring a stable version to extras-testing

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Baltimore, USA
Epic. this is awesome, i cant wait for full auto sync!

Originally Posted by Persson View Post
i canīt find the dir home/user/MyDocs/DropN900

i have get some files from my dropbox and files are not on my phone..
If you are trying to get there from terminal or the File manager?
Cos File manager doesn't display "MyDocs" it says "Nokia N900 ".

Also the default goes to "home/user/DropN900" instead of the "home/user/MyDocs/DropN900"

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Birmingham
Well done a big step in the right direction... the ability to sync to the N900 is definitely high on my wish-list.

Just a minor thing: the word 'received' is spelt incorrectly in the console screen.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Persson View Post
i canīt find the dir home/user/MyDocs/DropN900. i have get some files from my dropbox and files are not on my phone..
Well I said I coded the thing in but I havent released a new version so your thing is still putting stuff into /home/user/DropN900. But the whole reason for the dialog is that you can change it, I just suggest a default place.

Go and create DropN900 folder yourself into the usb partition. And then in the DL dialog simply travel yourself there

Originally Posted by leighw View Post
Well done a big step in the right direction... the ability to sync to the N900 is definitely high on my wish-list.

Just a minor thing: the word 'received' is spelt incorrectly in the console screen.
Man I always miss spell that word for some reason I'll fix that now if I can find it.

---

Anyways, had to do some partying for a couple of days. Now back to coding, hoping to get something done tonight so I could maybe push an update. Time will tell...

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-07-25 at 18:03.

Just pushed a new update for DropN900. I will check that its ok once its in extras-devel. If there is something ill make new builds of the same version and push those. Hopefully I got it right the first time now

Here is the changelog, updated to first post also:
  • Implemented network monitoring and reqeusting a connection from the device. Done with python-conic, python-gobject and python-dbus that are now new dependencies.
  • If there is no connection present or it is lost during browsing, dropn900 will connect to a saved connection or pop the maemo connection dialog up.
  • Implemented MaemoDataHandler that will make sure files are accessed from correct places.
  • Default download location changed to /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900
  • Package now creates .pyc files as a post-install step. This will make the app start up faster.
  • Implemented new logger that make color coded prints with log categories.
  • Console widget is no a Qt.WA_Maemo5StackedWindow with the nice animations and maemo back button.
  • Console widget log can be saved to a file.
  • Fixed typos in prints and removed unnecessary prints.

Also quickly looked at multiple file upload, the qt selection dialog for multiple file had bugs and only selected once file :P A bit dissappointing if I need to start implementing these dialogs from scratch. Automatic synch and settings ui is coming up next, I'd say it takes me a couple of days.

Build edit:
Found one cosmetic ui bug, fixed now. Version dropn900-0.1.1-2 will be up in few minutes. Please test and report if any problems. If log seems helpful use the log to file functionality and pastebin link that here.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-07-26 at 14:22.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
A very nice, little app, and some nice improvements too

I still request the actions on longpress instead of having them in the right of the screen. Also, I guess using the top menu would be ok in many cases. Thus leaving you much more screen estate to play with.

In any case, great app!

/Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to jesterKing For This Useful Post:
Nathan: I will look at that long press menu at some point. I find those menus on some apps quite frustrating to work with. But I guess I'll need to do it proper. I could also have only on button on top "Actions" that would animate more buttons on top of the tree view. I'll have to give it some tought, but first I'll do some more functionality. Then tweak the usability if needed.

---

For everyone who likes DropN900 be sure to check the maemo app competition polls. I won't say that you'd need to vote my app but at least give the threads a look I' m in the "other" category vote and beginners vote as this was my first N900 app. Check out the apps and give your vote!

I've just give DropN900 a try and it seems to work fine but it crashes on me when I try to upload anything.

The pop-up to select an item opens up but then it just hangs there and I'm unable to do anything:

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
I've just give DropN900 a try and it seems to work fine but it crashes on me when I try to upload anything.
The pop-up to select an item opens up but then it just hangs there and I'm unable to do anything...
Hmm, I had problems with PyQt.QtGui.QFileDialog stuff before, as mixed up strings and timestamps for files. With the installed app they seem to work now ok. Only thing that comes to my mind is the custom theme (altough I have one also, ubuntu theme). If you want you could give it a spin with the default themes.

Before that please check if you have python2.5-qt4-maemo5 package installed. I don't have it as a dependency yet and in code its optional. I have changed this now and it will be a new dep in the next release. I'm not sure if that is needed for the file dialogs, but those are maemo spesific things that pop up. But I guess they call some gtk stuff from PyQt.QtGui.QFileDialog, at least I get gtk assert fails for timestamps when running in scratchbox x86 emulator.

Try sudo gainroot; apt-get install python2.5-qt4-maemo5; and give it another go, doubt it helps though as the gui package would have that as a dependency. Also you could try to run from terminal so you will get python error prints if something goes sideways: cd /opt/dropn900; ./dropn900.py;

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post: