Notices

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
EDIT: Fixed both issues in fMMS 1.2.2 which I just submitted to autobuilder.
* Fixed syntax error in viewer preventing it from starting

* Updated dependency on python-hildon to correct version
Now it work. Thanks

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
frals : said and done. here is the output:

$ /opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py", line 459, in <module>
app = fMMS_GUI()
File "/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py", line 36, in __init__
self.cont = fMMSController.fMMS_controllerGTK()
File "/opt/fmms/controller_gtk.py", line 33, in __init__
self.config_label = gettext.ldgettext('rtcom-messaging-ui', "messaging_me_main_settings")
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/gettext.py", line 538, in ldgettext
codeset=_localecodesets.get(domain))
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/gettext.py", line 478, in translation
t = _translations.setdefault(key, class_(open(mofile, 'rb')))
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/gettext.py", line 180, in __init__
self._parse(fp)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/gettext.py", line 337, in _parse
tmsg = unicode(tmsg, self._charset)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: unexpected end of data
~ $

The Following User Says Thank You to Soap77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Dont know if Im the first one, but I cant read my MMS messages. When I click on them nothing happens exept the rolling pins in upper meny.
Any idea.
I have uninstalled and installed fMMS.
Nevermind, missed that 1.2.2 was released.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
On July 20, I was able to receive an MMS from my brother-in-law. He's on an iPhone w/AT&T, I'm on T-Mobile USA. On July 31, he sent me two MMS's that I can't retrieve (message says "Downloading MMS" for about 5 seconds and then nothing happens), though on the same day (w/same fMMS version), I had no problem receiving one from my wife who's on Verizon. Not sure what fMMS version I had installed on July 20 though I think I've updated the version at least a couple of times since then. As of July 31, I had 1.2.2 installed.

Any clues?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Originally Posted by sbock View Post
You can change the translation here:

http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fmms/c/ui/
How can i submit Thai Translate for fMMS!?

Hello frals,

I was discussing with other users the possibility of finally being able to have wap connection on the N900.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59517

Someone suggested asking you about expending fMMS to support wap protocol connection, is it possible?

Thank you.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
@frals

maybe, I'm too new to this community or it's just a wrong impression but I almost always feel like my posts are overseen in any threads I participated so far ;-) On the other hand, it could be that I have overseen the answers to my posts? ;-) Anyway, I'll just post my bug report again now, and sorry, if you have read it already:

I'll get my emails forwarded via MMS to my N900. If an email address is not in my contacts list (address book), it seems, that fMMS displays an arbitrary contact name (but always the same for all "unknown" addressers). However, in the header of the MMS, the correct addresser is displayed, so maybe it's easy to fix this issue with fMMS?

Thanks for fMMS!

nexus

Does someone resolve the "update problem" with fMMS 1.2.2? I've same problem as others...since I've update I'm not able to send and recieve MMS

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by gixx View Post
How can i submit Thai Translate for fMMS!?
http://www.transifex.net/help/faq/#i...-what-can-i-do

Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
On July 20, I was able to receive an MMS from my brother-in-law. He's on an iPhone w/AT&T, I'm on T-Mobile USA. On July 31, he sent me two MMS's that I can't retrieve (message says "Downloading MMS" for about 5 seconds and then nothing happens), though on the same day (w/same fMMS version), I had no problem receiving one from my wife who's on Verizon. Not sure what fMMS version I had installed on July 20 though I think I've updated the version at least a couple of times since then. As of July 31, I had 1.2.2 installed.

Any clues?
No idea - attach the log please

Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
Hello frals,

I was discussing with other users the possibility of finally being able to have wap connection on the N900.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59517

Someone suggested asking you about expending fMMS to support wap protocol connection, is it possible?

Thank you.
Regarding WAP it's not something I'm going to do as it's huge and ugly ;-) However the library I'm using to encode the MMS messages actually had WAP/WSP encoding and some related stuff implemented (which I've mostly gotten rid of in fMMS though), original library at http://python-mms.sourceforge.net/

Originally Posted by double-J View Post
Does someone resolve the "update problem" with fMMS 1.2.2? I've same problem as others...since I've update I'm not able to send and recieve MMS
Post the log please, thank you.

Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
@frals

maybe, I'm too new to this community or it's just a wrong impression but I almost always feel like my posts are overseen in any threads I participated so far ;-) On the other hand, it could be that I have overseen the answers to my posts? ;-) Anyway, I'll just post my bug report again now, and sorry, if you have read it already:

I'll get my emails forwarded via MMS to my N900. If an email address is not in my contacts list (address book), it seems, that fMMS displays an arbitrary contact name (but always the same for all "unknown" addressers). However, in the header of the MMS, the correct addresser is displayed, so maybe it's easy to fix this issue with fMMS?

Thanks for fMMS!

nexus
I have it on my todo list, not had time to investigate why this happens yet

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I just want to announce that MyContacts now can start fmms. More information here

Thanks Frals!

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python