Active Topics

Notices

He has even taken down his source code for the emulators from github.com.

Don't expect further development for the N900.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
I'm sorry to say this, but Smoku is behaving like a jerk. Sure, Ovi is a fail, but stopping developement and putting everything you've done up to waste just because of some imaginery store? After all the appreciation and winning the contest? After all the progress and dedication? Seriously? I think his behaviour is immature. I don't understand why he wanted to upload anything to Ovi in the first place when the emulator isn't finished. But oh well, hopefully we can live without you Smoku. I always had a feeling anyway that you didn't really care about the app but did it because you've had the feeling you had to instead of really wanting to. You also didn't care about the contest at all as it seems from your responses. But hey, your decision, your life. We don't blame you and we probably don't need you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scorpio16v View Post

Ahh Ok - now that is pretty lame. Ceasing development for Maemo is one thing but taking down the source so noone can pick up the project is pretty sad.

Now that said. The code is I believe bound by the GPL which means technically he has to provide the source to anyone who asks - including all changes he has made.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
give him a chance people every 1 has a bad day and nokia realy are letting the side down the n900 is the only good thing since the n95 and even then its all because of the 3rd party developers if it wasnt for these people takin time out of there lives to to make all these kick *** apps and we only had ovi store how good would the phone be then.
i just hope smoku gets this thing in the store so the money he makes gives him incentive to finish it but eitherway it works realy well as it is and its all free so i aint *****en
cheers for your hard work smoku i hope you move on to biggder and better things with your skills

Nokia is the root of all evil.

The Following User Says Thank You to fergusso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
Nokia is the root of all evil.
oh ho ho, lmao xD...

hi, its been a while since i checked this thread, but is the newest version still available and does it have save and load states? im still on 0.3.1 for this reason

BTW, I'm doubtful if smoku ever replies to this thread again. Just sayin'

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kiev, UA
Originally Posted by scorpio16v View Post

I believe, that source is still here - http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...psx4all/0.3.9/

I too really appreciate Mr.Smoku`s talent, and as well cannot get motives behind this act, which I personally found as immature. I believe he has his motives, and they were important.

Thanks, nevertheless..

Last edited by masloff; 2010-08-11 at 17:41.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
this seems to be getting a sinking ship. qwert12, now smoku ... who's next ?

As was said before, we all have our motives and we can't judge anyone.

I DO think the Maemo community can survive without them, nobody is irreplacable but it clearly shows an underlying BAD gutfeeling a lot of people having. I hope Nokia really wants to keep the devs on board and will do things to raise the spirit.

Unless they consider these people leaving as collateral damage and hope new devs will raise when they get their Meego products out ...

I, for myself, I'm still loving my N900 to death. And I hope there still will be lots of talented developers around willing to invest time and write quality apps for us, either on the true Maemo5 or Nitdroid or Community support Meego-on-N900. Each one it's own

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever