Notices

Here's a link to the author's blog, where he talks about the latest version:
http://blog.barisione.org/2010-08/fa...tom-ringtones/

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Is this current version working for anyone yet? I had MyContacts installed which turned out to be a problem. So it is uninstalled. Does the current version of Custom Ringtones work?

Hi
i uninstalled my contacts, reinstalled ringtoned (latest version) but still cant see the button in the contact view..any ideas why?

thx

Zeltak

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by zeltak View Post
Hi
i uninstalled my contacts, reinstalled ringtoned (latest version) but still cant see the button in the contact view..any ideas why?

thx

Zeltak
My Contacts does not affect the button showing up or not.

I assume that when the author says MyContacts is incompatible with this application is because MyContacts will stop handling the ring tones per group not the other way around.

MyContacts should not affect how this applications works or, if does, it will only affect calls from contacts that you also added to a group with a custom ring tone on MyContacts. MyContacts will not interfere with any other calls.

Please let me know if I am wrong and I will do my best to try fixing it.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

So does this work now? I'm confused. My install had such a long delay, no rings would come thru, or only the last ring would sound.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
well ive just installed it, rebooted phone, set custom ringtone for my missus mobile on another network and my landline. both now ring instantly,
one of my ringtones is super crackly though, but will test further to see if i can find the cause of that.
but otherwise no slowdown whatsoever.

Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
well ive just installed it, rebooted phone, set custom ringtone for my missus mobile on another network and my landline. both now ring instantly,
one of my ringtones is super crackly though, but will test further to see if i can find the cause of that.
but otherwise no slowdown whatsoever.
What are you using for a ringtone?

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
was using mp3, converted to aac and all is fine now

The Following User Says Thank You to dscobsct For This Useful Post:
hi

well i updated ringtoned (saw there was a update today) but i still dont get the add ringtone button under each contact..is there anything i can try? would really love to get it working

thx

Zeltak

The Following User Says Thank You to zeltak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Today i'm install updated Ringtoned 0.2.2 and Custome Ringtone 0.2.2,it's faster then old version, but an old problems comeback again. it's missed sound in some MP3 format (i put my MP3 in memory card). and i try to convert MP3 to acc later.

thanks for good app.