Notices

I took a closer look at the hildon-desktop source code (actually, at hd-launcher-tile.c) and I think it should be reasonably easy to rotate icons 90o when the device is turned into portrait orientation. In order to do this, you will need to listen to device orientation messages (via DBus, I guess) and call clutter_actor_set_z_rotation_from_gravity() on each icon tile. Same can be done with the widget icons used to start applications.

Unfortunately, I am away from home and cannot try it by myself. MohammadAG, as you are already tinkering with hildon-desktop, would you try following this path, or is it too much bother?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Installed modified hildon-desktop to get rid of screen glitches on incoming call. So far everything is working as expected. I am happy with being able to use phone app in portrait mode. No issues here for me.

Is it also possible to fix bug 10412?
I still sometimes have that bug even with this hildon-desktop version and it is annoying to see the battery drain after sleep for example

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Is it also possible to fix bug 10412?
I still sometimes have that bug even with this hildon-desktop version and it is annoying to see the battery drain after sleep for example
The package in this thread is a recompilation of the Hildon-Desktop found in the official gitorious repository, and it intends to bring users the fixes that were done since PR 1.2, but haven't been released yet.

As I read through the comments of that bug report, it is still vague and not clearly reproducible. It is even possible that is caused by some third-party app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I had to reboot as well to get the full effect out of this.

Slowish kinetic scrolling and the Call UI bug all persisted until a reboot.

I did this by btrowsing to this thread on my N900, downloaded the .deb and did the rest through the terminal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
This is brill MohammedAG...been following your valuable input into the community and just wanna thank you! So....Thanks and KEEP IT UP!!!

Maybe in the future we could see less friction in all the menus throughout the phone eh? someday...someday :P

The Following User Says Thank You to M00NB34M For This Useful Post:
DrLaunch doesn't seem to work after installing the patch/hack. I click on the icon and the app doesn't open.. Any possibility of fixing it?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rnb89 View Post
DrLaunch doesn't seem to work after installing the patch/hack. I click on the icon and the app doesn't open.. Any possibility of fixing it?
Please read message #90 from this thread and try again.

btw. Works for me.

.edit
I do not wonder why developers sometimes tend to avoid posting here. *sighs*

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki Finland
One strange think pop up after update. Sync between Outlook and N900 calendar via Ovi Suite stopped working. Suite flags error code 8004fd22.

According to logs the previous syncs worked before.

Could it be this, or has something else happened?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ecuador
Hello
I have this problem, while on the internet or just msn, noted as one tries to stop the internet service because it is ringing but this is not displayed, then I introduced the missed call message, and tested and so, give tone to the call and the call simply do not enter.
I and restarted, as shown and believe me is not the solution and as I have read is not good to do all the time, I flashed completely left as the factory and still gives me that problem.

Sorry for my English .

Tags
bugfix, great stuff, the-red-button