Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Those of you who think negativity prevails are full of sh.t.

If you look at normal threads, such as "Wesnoth for N900" or similar technical threads, you will find generosity.If you look for threads titled like this one, OF COURSE you will find negativity. You get what you look for.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Wrong People are just tired of answering the same dumb and pointless rants:
1. My phone is not working please help asap! NOKIA sux Maemo sux.
2.Nokia is leaving us we will not have flash 10 and no Meego whine whine curse curse.
3. Why we don`t have tons of useless apps like iPhone and Android NOKIA sux rant rant.

Now tell me how many people have problems with something else? Compare the two groups and there you go. MANY people bought the wrong device for them fact. But this is their problem or Nokia at some point due to the advertisements campaign. This rants have nothing to do with this Community. The device is GREAT its the best out there for many of us no matter that is 1 year old.

No one here will babysit you if you can handle it, if you ask for help the right way the community will always help. The neagativity is from the first group of people who realized that they made poor choice and they rant here.
No, it is not a year old. It started shipping late November 2009, which makes it 9 months old. When you're fanboying at least keep your counting semi-right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
No, it is not a year old. It started shipping late November 2009, which makes it 9 months old. When you're fanboying at least keep your counting semi-right.
Really? The specs were out in august. So its 1 year old device. Even if its 9 months old really who cares? Please read the whole post then make a dumb reply. Thank you

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Really? The specs were out in august. So its 1 year old device. Even if its 9 months old really who cares? Please read the whole post then make a dumb reply. Thank you
What does it matter when the specs are out? It's not publically available until it ships. When it ships you have day 1. Not until then as before then all it is is a fantasy.

Don't make a dumb reply dismissing everyone who does not only have nice things to say about the finish of the device. Thank you

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I bought a Galaxy S and sold my N900, and will never own a Nokia phone again. Hope this helps

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
the negativity doesnt come out of nowhere....
neither complaining about the n900 all the time or defending the n900 like its your life is the right way.

it seems like there are a lot of users here that really dont want to read anything negative about the n900.

but no matter what kind of user gather here, the main problem is, that nokia dumped the n900-users not even 1 year after the release of this device.
i ask: how was that move form nokia not going to spawn negativity?

While I agree that Nokia seems to have just left us, I still love my N900. I think the community is fantastic, as like any open source community it is full of enthusiastic developers who want to share their work. In fact, due to it's open source nature I would rather that any updates were made entirely by the community, so really my only problem with Nokia is not that they have stopped doing anything with the phone, but that they didn't make the lot open source.

Still, there is some great community work going on and people are always finding new ways to use the N900, and some members of the community have started to make post release fixes I believe such as this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60599

Of course there is some negativity and yes probably the fact that Nokia seems to have abandoned the N900 has resulted in more of it, but personally I don't see the N900 as being about Nokia, I see it as being probably the most interesting phone to own because of all of the user made tweaks and alterations. This is more of a DIY phone than most and the people complaining are generally the people that bought the wrong phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llBlackenedll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Its not about Nokia Dumping us... Nokia largely is dependent on the bugfixes that are done by devs like Andre Klapper etc etc, in order to come out with a firmware etc (I read in a post that they have dedicated their major workforce on MeeGo and Maemo is left with just very few Nokia Developers).

I know that there wont be anyone here who would say my N900 works totally bug free, but at the same time, Trolling all the time and negativity in the hopes of shaking Nokia into senses actually drives away the other dev's who are dedicated to make this piece of Hardware, into the usable one, the phone we pictured it to be the way we bought. Nokia has always been lazy over updates as updates dont sell.... PHONES Sell... I personally realized this the hard way witn my N95 but Hardware and RAW Computing Power of N900 with the Open Source of the OS is something commendable, a right move for the lazy Nokia

May the force be with you all...

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2010-08-21 at 23:31.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by llBlackenedll View Post
While I agree that Nokia seems to have just left us, I still love my N900. I think the community is fantastic, as like any open source community it is full of enthusiastic developers who want to share their work. In fact, due to it's open source nature I would rather that any updates were made entirely by the community, so really my only problem with Nokia is not that they have stopped doing anything with the phone, but that they didn't make the lot open source.

Still, there is some great community work going on and people are always finding new ways to use the N900, and some members of the community have started to make post release fixes I believe such as this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60599

Of course there is some negativity and yes probably the fact that Nokia seems to have abandoned the N900 has resulted in more of it, but personally I don't see the N900 as being about Nokia, I see it as being probably the most interesting phone to own because of all of the user made tweaks and alterations. This is more of a DIY phone than most and the people complaining are generally the people that bought the wrong phone.
I totally agree. Well put...

I got the N900 because of this community, because it runs Linux and because it's a perfect match with the rest of my gadgets (also running Linux)...

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
May the force be with you all...
In this case one might say: May the SOURCE be with us all...

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-08-21 at 23:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
"...There's one in the spotlight
He don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall
That one looks Jewish
and that one's a coon
Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint
and another with spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot..."