Active Topics

Warning! Installing PyQt4 Full Install 4.7.5-maemo0 may be harmful to your favorite applications! :P
I made that mistake, now PyRadio and n900FTP do not start anymore (there are most likely also others).
Did anyone else find themselves in the same situation, and unable to revert to 4.7.4?

Last edited by tho; 2010-09-04 at 02:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to tho For This Useful Post:
I installed it but PyRadio still works.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

my HealthCheck does not start after the update:-(

will try to un-install and install, may be that would fix it.

this is probably going to really depend on what repositories you have configured. I'd remove pyqt4 and disable devel, reinstall it, then if you want devel software (like my pyRadio) enable it and install that one application then disable it again.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

i hope we'll going to get a fix asap...

healthcheck isn't working anymore

The Following User Says Thank You to cloudstrife1ph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
As to cheve, my HealthCheck doen't work any longer. Even others of my favourites, like ApMeFo. What a pity! Everything happened after updating PyQt4 (4.7.5). This ApMeFo and many other apps like HealthCheck, nClock, Silencer ... stopped working. Is it casuality? I tried the code got at the begining of this thread related to APMeFo app (python /opt/ApMeFo/Main.py) and I got a message error related to an API v7 when requested v8 (sorry, I'm too ignorant about this ...).

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
... also Stopwatch, PyCallBlocker, CallBlocker ... stopped functioning. They seem to start but finally come to the previous screen. No Eror message on screen.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Here is how I solved the issue for me. For sure there may be quicker methods, but I didn't want to mess with apt-get parameters like --ignore-dependencies and did it plain and stupid. YMMV.

Open a root xterm.
Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common=4.7.4-maemo0
This will downgrade the most fundamental package, and apt-get will offer to remove all the python2.5-qt4 version 4.7.5 packages, plus all application that depend on then (for me ansela apmefo maegirls n900ftp). Copy the list of things that will be removed and paste it somewhere i.e. in notes or leafpad. Do the downgrade.

Then you have to reinstall all those python2.5-qt4 packages, at the 4.7.4 version, and in the right order so that dependencies are respected. For me it was

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-core=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-dbus=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gl=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-multimedia=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-network=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install  python2.5-qt4-phonon=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-qt4-script=4.7.4-maemo0  python2.5-qt4-svg=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-qt4-test=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-qt4-webkit=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-qt4-xml=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-qt4-xmlpatterns=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-maemo5=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-sql=4.7.4-maemo0
apt-get install python2.5-qt4=4.7.4-maemo0
See if it works for you and if all the python related packages you previously uninstalled are included.

If it goes well, you can reinstall subsequently those apps that needed python. For me, it was

Code:
apt-get install ansela apmefo maegirls n900ftp
Ta-da! You're done :P

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Hey guys, it's devel and it's going to be a few tries until it gets right, given that 4.7.5 brings new stuff like QtMobility. In layman's terms, today's lessons:

1. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO INSTALL/UPDATE PYQT MANUALLY UNLESS YOU'RE A DEVELOPER. Really, it says so in the description.

2. NEVER EVER UPDATE PYQT FROM EXTRAS-DEVEL, ONLY EXTRAS. If I didn't push it to at least testing, I know there is something wrong with it.

3. SOFTWARE IN EXTRAS-DEVEL CAN AND WILL GET BROKEN OCCASIONALLY. So don't word threads like this - there could be a working version in hours and then it will only cause confusion (as people will not know if it refers to the version in extras-devel or the stable one which will have this obviously fixed).

(and yes, I'm on it, hope to have a working version soonish)

Last edited by attila77; 2010-09-04 at 14:10.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
What I'm seeing at the command-line is this :

File "xxxx.py", line yy, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v7.0 to v7.1 but the PyQt4.QtCore module requires API v8.0

Same for all PyQt code...

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: