Active Topics

Notices

I've noticed that in low light, if the exposure is set to auto its set itself to 4 seconds if the iso is locked - its actually let me take quite decent pictures of stars in the sky

Thanks silent tim.
I've quickly tried your hint but without success. The exposure wouldn't get longer than 1 sec. I'm using PR1.2, standard kernel, current fcam+fcamera.
Let's keep trying

The Following User Says Thank You to KlausRu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
I also updated fcam yesterday anfd now the LED lights do not function.
Launching fcam fails and it also disables the native camera. A reboot gets the native camera back but there is a pretty major fail here on the latest drivers.
Are there any news on those problems?

---
Luca Donaggio

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
Hi all,

FCamera's use of the front LED is clearly conflicting with other uses of it. We didn't run into it here, but clearly other apps, or maybe bluetooth use, are doing similar things to what we are, and it confuses the microcontroller that runs the LEDs. And once the microcontroller goes down, it's not reset without a hard reboot (battery removal). We're not sure where the problem is yet, and we might just do a point release that disables the LED use until we sort it out.

We didn't actually change anything in the fcam-drivers codebase between the two releases, besides compiling a set for Titan's kernel and removing the package conflicts- if there are crashes now that didn't exist before, or if the built-in camera doesn't work anymore, those aren't driver-level problems.

If you do run into trouble, please submit bugs on our tracker, at
our Maemo garage project pages. It's hard for us to keep on top of all the Maemo talk threads, and we easily miss things.

Thanks!

-Eddy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ETalvala For This Useful Post:
for me the behavior is a bit different.
Fcamera, HDRcapture and LowLight all work okay, and the notification LED also works okay, no problems with all this.
But BlessN900 crashes each time or at least does not produce results or hangs in different ways.
The normal Camera app works okay too.

Originally Posted by ETalvala View Post
Hi all,

FCamera's use of the front LED is clearly conflicting with other uses of it. We didn't run into it here, but clearly other apps, or maybe bluetooth use, are doing similar things to what we are, and it confuses the microcontroller that runs the LEDs. And once the microcontroller goes down, it's not reset without a hard reboot (battery removal). We're not sure where the problem is yet, and we might just do a point release that disables the LED use until we sort it out.

We didn't actually change anything in the fcam-drivers codebase between the two releases, besides compiling a set for Titan's kernel and removing the package conflicts- if there are crashes now that didn't exist before, or if the built-in camera doesn't work anymore, those aren't driver-level problems.

If you do run into trouble, please submit bugs on our tracker, at
our Maemo garage project pages. It's hard for us to keep on top of all the Maemo talk threads, and we easily miss things.

Thanks!

-Eddy
Hopefully everything gets fixed. So are you saying that removing the battery for a hard reset fixes the front led problem? Because i flashed the EMMC and the problem still exist.

I too am having the same problem..usually after using BlessN900.

The method I use is to load the HealthCheck app and select "System Reboot" much easier than taking out and replacing the battery.

i have a problem

the fcam has some extera noise in my camera how i can fix it

i used it in night and in the lighting room "light"

can any one give me ex "script or command or any thing "?

because it is not give me good pics

thank you

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Besides the full manual mode (aka B mode, where can keep exposing as long as you want), can we have additional compositing modes for long exposures, like for example timed exposures, compositing frame by frame with a given exposure time for each frame and an arbitrary formula for the combination (like, adding, subtracting, average, only brighter, only darker etc , including all the layer blending modes common in photo manipulation progs plus things like explicit math formulas and stuff) ?

Also, for HDR images, why is it restricted to only 3 pictures? Wouldn't it produce better images if there were more intermediary steps? Perhaps a combination of f-stops and the "sensitivity" (the ISO thing) thing would be needed in order to get more levels under some circumstances, would that be enough or the ISO thing just fakes it?

Also, how about a prog/mode to combine flash and natural shots keeping the best of each?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by br1zer View Post
I too am having the same problem..usually after using BlessN900.

The method I use is to load the HealthCheck app and select "System Reboot" much easier than taking out and replacing the battery.
Why not just go to Xterminal and type: root
reboot -f

???

Way faster than loading Health Check app.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post: