Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
(10 characters)

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by thefoxtrot View Post
(10 characters)
errr...... huh?

Am I alone in being confused by this question? In what app are you trying to use super/sub-script? Why 10 characters?!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
"(10 characters)" refers to the fact that the talk.maemo.org forum only allows you to post posts that are 10 characters or longer. The OP felt the original question was sufficiently expressed in the thread title, thus didn't have anything to add in the post body itself.

As for superscript/subscript... I have no clue. I THINK there might be some keyboard remap you could make that functions as a 'deadsub/super -script' - press it, and the next character becomes subscripted or superscripted. However, based on my poking around in the X11 xkb files, to see what symbol/character names were when I was remapping my own N900's keyboard, I didn't see anything that would do that. I'm sure it should be possible to find a way to make it possible somehow though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
do you mean like ¹²³ or just any character simply formated to be super/subscript?

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
@Good old pal, Mentalist
Thanks for the help. Yeah, I'm thinking I shouldn't've posted this thread because I don't think it's possible.

@TiagoTiago
I mean like the "123" you just posted, but using the n900 hardware keyboard or on-screen keyboard.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
There are some programs to create and/or edit the layouts for both the physical and the onscreen keyboards, they don't have a GUI though

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
CellWriter handwriting recognition potentially allows you to input any Unicode character. There are some problems, though:
sometimes it forgets all the settings, and you have to retrain it;
the interface isn't the most comfortable thing in it.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50419&page=1

As long as it remembers your handwriting, it recognises it well, mostly without errors.