Notices

I have "Switch to wifi when available" but still, I want to have something like a confirmation before my phone connects to the cellular data network, or just completely block it. How do I do that?

TIA

i dunno what you really mean try downloading cellular modemn ui or just put your connection to always ask.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Wifi switcher applet.

No. I mean the network provided by cellphone provider (for me, it's T-mobile internet, either 3G or EDGE). Wifi switcher only turns off internet connection through wifi. Cellular modem UI would turn off the phone function that I need to use. I have connect automatically to "wifi" only, but sometimes it still connects to the cellular data network without asking me.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
hmm try data roaming option in phone settings, change it to always ask

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
go to internet settings, and change 'connect automatically' to wlan. it will only connect automatically to wifi. you can still connect manually though.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2010-09-23 at 17:32.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
if you really want to totally block it (just incase) edit the connection in connection settings, to completely invalid settings. you may need to download fapn for this.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

I can't find data roaming option anywhere. And as I said above, I have auto connect to wifi only, but it still connects to the other networks sometimes. I'd prefer some kind of confirmation (manual connection) for the cellular data network, but if there's no other way, I guess I need to block it.

EDIT: I just checked and it did ask when I used web browsers. It auto connected when I use the test email function of SMScon. Weird. Anyway, thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited by zerocool2k; 2010-09-23 at 17:44.

I think SMSCon is a special case, it really tries to override the settings, to make sure the email gets out. After all, SMSCon is for emergencies....

/Z

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
isn't there an option to always ask for the password when connecting with a gprs access point?