Active Topics

I'm using Windows Live Mail (incl. calendar) and want to sync the calendar with N900 (both directions). How to do that? (No company server available - I'm solo user).

Last edited by hasane; 2010-09-28 at 11:51.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
I do that using Mail for Exchange and it works great for contacts, mails and calendar.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Hotmail has ActiveSync support now, which means its now a Mail for Exchange server. No company server required (its hotmail's).

Instructions here and here (official).

Originally Posted by Julien_2006 View Post
I do that using Mail for Exchange and it works great for contacts, mails and calendar.
Thanks Julien, I would like to have some more detail instructions since I'm not a pro in using these... I tried to establish a MfE connection but no success...

Originally Posted by hasane View Post
I'm using Windows Live Mail (incl. calendar) and want to sync the calendar with N900 (both directions). How to do that? (No company server available - I'm solo user).
How about Nokia N9 and Hotmail Calendar? Looks likethe MfE is not understanding Hotmail??? Any help?

Originally Posted by hasane View Post
How about Nokia N9 and Hotmail Calendar? Looks likethe MfE is not understanding Hotmail??? Any help?
Problem solved. N9 tries to use "personal calendar" which is not syncronized via MfE but when you change N9 to use "Mail for Exchange" -calendar, then the sync works via MfE to/from Hotmail Calendar.