Active Topics

Notices

Well.. I know i've used it for a couple of hours without problem.. but I do recall that pianobar had an issues if you play Pandora for something like 5-6 hours your session will time-out and you need to re-authenticate. I haven't played it that long yet to try and capture that error and re-authenticate you automatically...

If you run it from a terminal and manage to reproduce the problem, the output should have the XML returned from Pandora that could help.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I've been tinkering with pyRadio for a couple of hours and reading through this thread trying to get it to work on my N810.

It opens, requests login info, but it will not load or create stations...thus will not play.

I think I have found at least part of the problem, but I am not a programmer so I don't really know how to fix it. I have no pyradio directory nor config file in ~/.config ... regarding ~/.config/pyradio/config.

I tried adding the directory and a new file (blank since I new nothing else ) using Cyberduck, but that did not seem to help. It persists in requesting login info at every launch.

From terminal:

~ $ /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
Radio Started.
No FM Transmitter.
could not autorotate on
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.160.92|1286123784732|OUT_OF_SYNC|You have no chance to survive make your time.
Code: 1
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.160.182|1286123787967|OUT_OF_SYNC|You have no chance to survive make your time.
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.api.protocol.xmlrpc.RadioXml RpcException: 192.168.161.213|1286123790868|OUT_OF_SYNC|You have no chance to survive make your time.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 206, in auth
self.auth( count )
self.auth( count )
self.auth( count )
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 191, in auth
self.closeEvent()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 272, in closeEvent
self.player.close()
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 126, in close
self.player.close()
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/AbstractBackend.py", line 433, in close
self._close()
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/OSSOBackend.py", line 172, in _close
self.__current_player.stop()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'
Attached Images

Last edited by mfortner; 2010-10-03 at 16:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to mfortner For This Useful Post:
You seem to be experiencing the same problem as a couple guys a few pages back that I didn't have a fix for.

However, I found an email from the author of pianobar in my mailbox yesterday that he sent probably a week ago that has a potential fix. I will need to figure out if I can code his suggestion and then work with one of you with the "OUT_OF_SYNC" problem and give you an "unofficial" build to make sure it works before publishing it to the repositories.

This will likely take a bit as I don't have much time this week, and I'll be out of town next, but I'll be working on something as I can.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Finally, I have finished reading every single post in this PyRadio thread to bring me up to speed and I now subscribe! After using it last night at home, the only change I would like to see in Version 3.3 for Diablo is to get rid of the white backround and replace it with maybe a dark green color. I did notice that I get the same non-responsive screen as in post # 282 here at work because our company "blocks" pandora.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
So, finally back in the US and installed pyRadio, which worked fine for about 4 days. Authentication perfect. But, now the program quits on my while it is authenticating. Haven't installed any new programs. Anyone have any answers? If I can't make this work, how can I run Pandora from the command line?

Originally Posted by efeinblatt View Post
So, finally back in the US and installed pyRadio, which worked fine for about 4 days. Authentication perfect. But, now the program quits on my while it is authenticating. Haven't installed any new programs. Anyone have any answers? If I can't make this work, how can I run Pandora from the command line?
Go to a terminal and run:
Code:
/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
And not the output here.

Have you (or anyone else) actually tried playing the regular web app for long periods of time? After a while, it stops playing and says something like "are we just playing to an empty room or somethig? Press here to confirm that soemone is actually listening".

Would that have something to do with why the program stops working after a while?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leviathan3k For This Useful Post:
wow. I ran this and the program loaded and quit again on authentication. then I looked at the output in terminal and it said that I had invalid username/password. So, I looked again and saw that it put my username in beginning with an uppercase 'E'. Changed it to lowercase and it now works fine. Weird. Don't know why it worked before and how that lowercase became an uppercase. But, thanks, for having me do this. It forced me to identify the problem.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Go to a terminal and run:
Code:
/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py
And not the output here.

pyRadio seems broken tonight. First it appears they (Pandora) updated their API (Was giving me the protocol version error) but after I fixed that I'm getting a strange "Content is not allowed in prolog" error.

I'm trying to work on it.

when i enter the username and password at the authenication it crashes too, that sux

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio