Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by yogi900 View Post
He might have said in his resignation letter .. "Me Go"
haha
me go
never gets old

Its a good time to leave, step 5/5 is complete. Products are not on the market yet but internally the work is done (except bugfixing). For me it seems natural to quit at that point, searching for something new.

Last edited by Rugoz; 2010-10-07 at 19:28.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Never had that problem but probably people who do not need proper routing app on their N900 do not care. Also has it come to your bright mind that people tend have different levels of priorities for functionalities. So, yes some people give shait.

Also IMO you just donīt get it. Some people here do not care at all how you or this being called "end user" uses their device.

A:Worksforme
B:Not for me and because of that you should listen me!
A:What?
B:This and that and this here should be done this way
A:But I don't need or use features what you would like to have and I use this solely for purpose x y and z.
B:Butbutbut other devices in this price class do that kind of stuff easily.
A:So why donīt you buy those devices?
B: (Broken record mode enabled ad infinitum and Nokia apologizer card to table and instant "win" of argument)
Typical. Well Nokia, if this guy represents your game plan, good luck to you. You could change CEOs a hundred times, but you're just gonna get the same result.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@techngro
What game plan? I do not care anyones game plan only thing what I care is myself and what I can do with this. If something doesn't fullfill my needs then I change. Simple as that. I have zero commitment to any brand.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Not sure if this is related, but Elop is taking charge of Nokia's smartphone unit on tuesday, and kicking Anssi out of Nokia's executive board.

Finnish source, don't know if there are any in english yet.
http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/talous.sh...010/10/1201592

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-10-08 at 19:37.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Not sure if this is related, but Elop is taking charge of Nokia's smartphone unit on tuesday, and kicking Anssi out of Nokia's executive board.

Finnish source, don't know if there are any in english yet.
http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/talous.sh...010/10/1201592
http://translate.google.com/translat...2F10%2F1201592

there is...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Please choose your words wisely then. In the end devels and users who are able to customize and do magic with n900 do not care so much. My point was that to these people Maemo surely is not failure as you falsely tried to generally say. How many times has it been said that N900 is mostly for devels and people who like to live on "edge" (you can make humor out of that as usual)? For example I would never ever use this for doing business. For that I use bare bones phone with standby time of at least week and OS that is mature.

Flagship? Any references for that?

ps.
Why you like to keep your style of writing on provocative & flaming side? Ever thought taking it back couple of notches to more thoughtful and analytical?
How many times are people going to claim that the N900 was mainly for devels and people who like to live on the edge when they have no answer to the question, where do the ads say that?

It would be simple to make an honest ad, btw: all you would have to do would be to tell the truth, THEN do the amazing BS graphics or whatever. Why doesn't someone try it?

I know you aren't the marketing department. But the N900 was never marketed as only for people who wanted to risk way over $500 on a hope that their cell phone might work decently.

I was here for the earlier tablets, so I wasn't misled. I never found the N900 difficult to use. I don't do any gee-whizz tricky stuff. I don't need to. It works great.

But I think that saying the N900 was never meant for ordinary users is not true, and I get tired of hearing people repeat it. Show me the ad that says that.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by techngro View Post
I love people who say "Well, my Nokia device is so much better than [insert] because I can remote control my home from 100 miles away". But who gives a **** that you can do that when the simple maps app can't tell NYC from Saskatchewan?
Simple: because every person's needs are unique.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-10-08 at 20:24.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
http://translate.google.com/translat...2F10%2F1201592

there is...
Or at least source with english words in random order.

" Vanjoen led Smartphone, yet having command of the new President and CEO Stephen Elop."

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Or at least source with english words in random order.

" Vanjoen led Smartphone, yet having command of the new President and CEO Stephen Elop."
I don't want to give you everything. I give you the translations. And you have to sort out how to use them. Simular to what nokia do with the n900 and users

Tags
suomiexitnok