Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
i am very familiar with resistors color codes ( electric )
I like this, for me it'd serve more as a color code learning tool though

Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
when keyboard is closed we can remap third engine . theoretically possible.
Wish we could rewrite MCE to do that, too.

This one for 5min accuracy using three colours (e.g. white, blue, green).

White identifies the quarter of the clock face for hours, blue identifies the quarter of the clock face for minutes. Green identifies the "third" within the quarter (not needed when identifying hours 0,3,6,9).

W-G-G-B-G == 2:0..<5
W-G-G-B-G-G == 2:5..<10
W-W-G-G-B-B-B-B-G == 5:45..<50
W-W-G-G-B-B-B-B-G-G-G == 5:55..<6:00
W-W-B-B-G == 3:15..<20
W-W-W-W-G-G-B-B-B-B-G-G == 11:50..<55

Edit: or a more blip-economical version, eliminating the first quadrant blip from hours and the first "thirds" blip from minutes.

G-G-B == 2:0..<5
G-G-B-G == 2:5..<10
W-G-G-B-B-B-B == 5:45..<50
W-G-G-B-B-B-B-G-G == 5:55..<6:00
W-B-B == 3:15..<20
W-W-W-G-G-B-B-B-B-G == 11:50..<55

Last edited by RFS-81; 2010-06-19 at 13:02.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
my wish come true. all color charging clock
the idea : keep led "white" and modify led currents as it is necessary a program for reading time , make modification in mce and this every minute.
a similar program can drive led currents

bellow is a simple script who drive leds according time . one color for digit as explained in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=30

this is version v0. .. .0.1 . the script must run under root . dbus command ( bolded ) must be one line

prerequisites

Code:
PatternBatteryCharging=50;4;0;RgB;9d8040001600407fc000;9d804000160040ffc000

Code:
light()
{
echo $r > /sys/class/leds/lp5523:r/led_current
echo $g > /sys/class/leds/lp5523:g/led_current
echo $b > /sys/class/leds/lp5523:b/led_current
}
while [ 1 ];do
ore=$(date +%H)
minute=$(date +%M)
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_led_pattern_activate string:PatternBatteryCharging
r=0;g=0;b=0;light
for s in  $ore $minute ;do
b=$(expr $s % 10)
a=$(expr $(expr $s - $b) / 10)
for c in $a $b ;do
case $c in
0)r=0;g=0;b=0;light;;
1)r=16;g=1;b=0;light;;
2)r=20;g=0;b=0;light;;
3)r=20;g=4;b=0;light;;
4)r=20;g=13;b=0;light;;
5)r=0;g=15;b=0;light;;
6)r=0;g=0;b=15;light;;
7)r=15;g=0;b=10;light;;
8)r=2;g=1;b=1;light;;
9)r=15;g=15;b=14;light;;
esac
sleep 1
done;done;
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_led_pattern_deactivate string:PatternBatteryCharging
sleep 5;
done;done
LE: minor changes.

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-07-08 at 16:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Pretty shameless bump, but I like this one! I send a small thought of thank you, most nights to be honest.

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
So I think it's better just flash it that many times as hours in one color, then tens of minutes in other, then units of minutes in other. Like red-red-red-red blue-blue-blue yellow-yellow-yellow-yellow-yellow would be 4:35. Easy to read.
This looks the most practical to me.

However, as others express interest in different formats, it is plain that no one format will please everyone. Probably the best would be create an application with selectable options for different displays (this format, morse code, resistor color code, roman numeral, etc.)

Edit:
Whoops, I should look at the dates in the thread!

Last edited by rotoflex; 2010-10-12 at 11:24.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Here are two ideas i got, they might not be as easy to ready, nor as blipconomical, but would be interesting to see:

6 Digits total (hours, minutes and seconds, with zero padding where necessary)

Before each digit, a white blinking pattern, all white patterns have the same length, but blink a different amount of times (all lit for zero, and 5 blinks for fifth)

Each digit is represented as a hue, from red to violet, the rainbow scaled for the range of that digit (or optionally made absolute from 0 to 9 for all digits)

Or perhaps, give a noticeable blink in full red for hours, full green for minutes and full blue for seconds before the two digits of each.

the other one:
Each digit pair is one of the color components, all played simultaneously and in synch.

For minutes and seconds, blink 0 to 9 times, equal durations for on and off, the amount of times it went on is how many 10s, if it's past *5s flip the on and off moments ( 180 degrees off phase i think)

For hours, blink 0 to 10 for the hours from midnight to 10 am, then for divide the on time into two faster blinks, with the same amount of off time, and blink 1 to 10 for for 11 am to 8 pm, now make the blink be 3 instead of two and do 1 to 3 for 9 pm to 11 pm
Edit: oh and since we're talking about geeks here:
Get the number of seconds in a day, in binary

Split the binary digits into 3 equally sized groups (or as close to equal you can)

Give each group to one of the color components, and have them read the ones and zeros as on and off (with a user setable duration per bit) simultaneously and in synch

Optionally pause and repeat the reading after the first read to for confirmation.

edit: perhaps to make it easy to identify each individual bit when more than one 1 goes in sequence, briefly turn off the LED between each digit (also take that same time after a zero so all bits stay aligned)

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2010-10-12 at 20:32.