Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Nitdroid and youtube, puzzling, puzzling...

We know, even native droid phone have problem playing youtube.

Nitdroid currently cant play youtube, that is what I thought and my experience till now.

I download an app called chinese cooking.apk. Within the app, I can pick a reciepe, it will then load to my web browser and get into youtube and play a youtube clip about the receipe, the the playing is very watchable. No error message. Yes, it is the same built in web browser that refused to play youtube when I lauch it, but works fine when called by the app "chinese cooking". So I noted the youtube clip, and fired up my web browser and got into youtube and searched for the same video. Well, the same video clip, the same web browser, it wont play, "there is a problem with playing the video..." I am totally confused.

The bottomline, if an app can make youtube play on the native web browser, the native web browser is capable of playing youtube clip, we just dont know how to set some parameters and launch it. Right? Anybody?

bun

hello to everybody, i would like to know if is posible install nitdroind having instaled already neopwn, i mean in a diferent micro sd, cuz neopwn use ext3 partition in the sd then went i put another sd the n900 dont find it, i dont know very much about linux yet but im afraid if i install nitdroid neopwn stop work.
thanks in advance.

Problem in accessing the FULL market? Found this, http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index...ket_For_Slates

looks very intimidating, anybody can make it, uh, easier or .sh?

TIA,

bun

Sometime back I reported that voice command/search is working on nitdroid and working very well. Yes, not just working, working VERY well. I have NOT tried to use voice command yet, but I have slowly move into voice search. I found out voice search is in general faster than poking out the spelling letter by letter, this is even more true when doing with several words. For example, voice "Firefox 4 beta" is faster than spell it out, wether you using hardware keyboard or palm or swype. This is even more true when doing navigation, "hospital downtown Philadelphia", noway you can type faster than I can speak, just a note. I am slowly transformed into voice search because of its outstanding accuracy, how about you guys, comments? Disbelief? Rotten tomatoes?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-10-10 at 04:30.

I followed the guide up untill the installer part. There it stopped working at the ext3 thing. So I went to the manual partition thing where I did steps 1-5 and then I started the installer again... but then the x-Terminal window just closed on it's own after a few secs at the second line (the ext3 thing) What's going wrong? O.O How do I fix it?

Redo the partition. and check with
xterm
root
cat /proc/partitions

you have to see something like mmcblk1p2 (ext3) then you can proceed with installation.

Sometimes I have to do it 2 X, never have to do it 3 X yet.

bun

If someone have the problem with market not showing all the apps because of N900 not being a real android-device, then I have found a solution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2YcJdxJ24U

Works 100% for me, and you only have to do it once(At least so far!).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vertig0 For This Useful Post:
Hey all. I installed NITDroid by partitioning manually and then continuing with the automatic installer. Everything seemed to go ok with the auto installer, but when I reboot, it doesn't give me the option to start Android. It just goes straight into Maemo.

Anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it? Is there a special button I have to press to bring up the multiboot option?

Originally Posted by techngro View Post
Hey all. I installed NITDroid by partitioning manually and then continuing with the automatic installer. Everything seemed to go ok with the auto installer, but when I reboot, it doesn't give me the option to start Android. It just goes straight into Maemo.

Anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it? Is there a special button I have to press to bring up the multiboot option?
Did you try to boot with the keyboard open?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mc_mice For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mc_mice View Post
Did you try to boot with the keyboard open?
Well thank you very much sir. I knew it was something quirky like that, just didn't know what.

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900