Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by jonathandueck View Post
Hi, forum folks,

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has heard that the N900 has been discontinued, and thus they cannot have their defective N900 replaced (only refunded), from Nokia.

Here's what happened to me: I was shipped a defective N900, on which the wifi and bluetooth were nonfunctional. I returned the N900 to Nokia on Sep 6, using an RMA code for a return-for-replacement (marked in no fewer than 12 spots on the shipping and inside containers), and their shipping label. It got there on Sep 9th. I called frequently and was told there was no way to know when I would be shipped a replacement, but that it would be within 30 days. However, Oct 9th passed and no N900.

Finally, I was told, Nokia service could "escalate" my inquiry about this. I called several times over the next week (in each case holding for 15-25 minutes before I talked to a Nokia agent), and was put off twice--"wait three days, and call us back..." "wait another three days now, and call us back again..." In the course of these conversations I learned that a filing error on Nokia's end, with regard to my RMA number, had prevented the N900 from being properly processed for a return. I'll wait for an N900, though I'd like a phone to use in the meantime, I said.

Today I've heard back from Nokia that the N900 has been discontinued and so nothing but a refund can be processed. I'm frankly very annoyed about this situation, particularly since I've seen reports elsewhere on these forums that some N900s _are_ being made and have been promised to others who returned their N900s later than I did.

In any case, has anyone else heard that the N900 is not being made, and thus their return for replacement has been denied?

Best,
Jon
get the refund and buy online at ebay or Amazon or other mobile shops that may still be carrying stock....

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
NOKIA are still selling the N900, its not discontinued yet

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
Get refund man, and go for a new one....
It's time to start thinking geting second one
here in China you can get one from www.taobao.com, ( it's coming from HongKong) sill on-stock.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
My N900 has been with Nokia since 9 September. I called them last week and they said that no replacements will be available until the second week of November and I could have an N95 to use in the meantime (great I get to use a 5year old phone).
Sounds like we're in a similar situation, but what Nokia offered you would be better for me, and vice versa. I bought one N900 at the end of the summer sale, which perished almost immediately in a bike accident (physical damage to phone, warranty didn't apply)--paid $200 and change for that one. I bought another one immediately for $200 from NokiaUSA as the summer sale was still on (cheaper than fixing the broken one). That one was defective...

If I was refunded the $200, I couldn't get a new one for that price. But if I was given an N95 in the meantime, and eventually an N900 when they have warranty replacements in the U.S. again (which others on the forum have been told is the case, at least if I've read the posts in the broken USB port thread correctly--which makes me extra annoyed at Nokia for saying there are none to be had), that would be great--I'd get the N900, which is the phone I want, and I'd have a phone in the meantime with a functional camera (and some resale value later on, even at 5 years old).

Sigh. We should trade places--or at least information, to buttress our cases with Nokia.

One other thing for the folks on this thread: I returned this defective N900 within 15 days of having purchased it. In the U.S. anyhow that means I'm eligible for a refund. I'm not sure if they would offer me this deal were I not to be in the U.S. (and I'm not sure they'd offer me it if they were to be refunding me more than $200, either).

Best,
Jon

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
Nokia is now offering a C6 instead of the N95. At least that is what they did with me. They first promised me the N95, then called me the next day and asked if I would be interested in the C6 instead. I said yes.

Just as stated before me, I was too told that replacements are coming in the second week of November. So not sure why you got told it is discontinued.

The Following User Says Thank You to inkjected For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by inkjected View Post
Nokia is now offering a C6 instead of the N95. At least that is what they did with me. They first promised me the N95, then called me the next day and asked if I would be interested in the C6 instead. I said yes.

Just as stated before me, I was too told that replacements are coming in the second week of November. So not sure why you got told it is discontinued.
I called to ask for a C6 when I saw your other post but they gave a big no. They don't even have N95 in stock though they have to order it. Why not just give a phone out of the stock you have! Now going to call to see if I can get a refund.

My N900 has been with Nokia since 9 September. I called them last week and they said that no replacements will be available until the second week of November and I could have an N95 to use in the meantime (great I get to use a 5year old phone).
They received mine for repair on the 13th of September. Could not be repaired but was under warranty so the status repair site said "awaiting replacement device.

So a few weeks later with still no updates, I decide to contact them. They reply Sept. 30th saying they will look into it. Finally after going back and forth with them through email they tell me to call them in a email dating Oct. 12th. This is difficult since the N900 was my only phone, I don't have a land line. I speak to them the 13th and am told something similar. No N900s until the 2nd week of November. Great you could have told me that a month ago. They offer to send me a temporary replacement (N95) I say sure. They tell me 2-5 days it should be there. A week later (today) I call to find out where it is. "Oh it will ship this week."

AWESOME! Nokia you dropped the ball big time. The N900 was great while it lasted (stopped charging). But this is a serious joke right now. Terrible customer support. I wouldn't be surprised when November rolls around and they tell me "sorry N900 no longer in production enjoy your N95". I don't plan to ever purchase anything from this company again. I honestly wish I was offered a refund like you so I could get my money back and actually have in my possession a phone that I want. Instead of going 2 months without anything.

Maemo was great, its just too bad Nokia could care less about their customers or have the decency to tell them what the hell is going on.

The Following User Says Thank You to jml917 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
No way. I sent my faulty N900 to Nokia few days ago and to my suprise, Nokia sent me a spanking brand new replacement just yesterday. I dont think its been discontinued. Try and get it sorted.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
not my experience at all. Nokia customer service is superb in my view. They sent UPS courier to pick the device from me and then instead of fixing it by soldering on the USB port, they sent me a brand new one. Now I wont call this bad customer service, would you ?.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
Enyibinakata,

Can you provide the details you've used to contact Nokia. I'm based in London and I've just noticed that my usb has started shifting it's position. So I want to be prepared and have the relevant numbers and details to contact them and get it fixed in warranty (if it gets messed up). Could you either PM me or put it up here mate?

Thanks

Orion 88