the hildon-desktop bug is still there. this is where it starts consuming CPU cycles when the phone is idle. easiest way to trigger it is to enter and exit from application categories using catorise. do this a few times and then run top and hildon-desktop starts eating up > 5% on average when it should be around 1-3% normally.

on the flipside, the phone seems snappier overall. not just because of transition to portrait but there is less tearing in the graphics and scrolling seems smoother.

i find microb a bit faster too.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
happy to see all the bug fixes and hope to see others. A bit disappointed that that there were no new features. Really hoping for a new qt-based Ovi Maps with voice and turn-by-turn cause the Maps we have sucks. Better Contacts app wih groups would be nice, too

Anyone else experiences problem with phone application ? It used to auto switch orientation when I was holding it vertically. Now it doesn't and yes I checked settings for "Turning control" :S

Nwm, bug is gone after reboot.

Last edited by aligatro; 2010-10-26 at 02:53.

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Anyone else experiences problem with phone application ? It used to auto switch orientation when I was holding it vertically. Now it doesn't and yes I checked settings for "Turning control" :S
Just tried it out, and it's working fine on mine. Updated it to PR1.3 earlier today.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Just tried it out, and it's working fine on mine. Updated it to PR1.3 earlier today.
Works for me too, only thing that doesn't seem to work is tweak flash plugin for me and a couple people

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Does this update require you to reinstall all apps?

This decides whether I do it now or not.

Originally Posted by thefoxtrot View Post
Does this update require you to reinstall all apps?

This decides whether I do it now or not.
Depends on the method. If you upgrade it from application manager, then you'll keep your programs and settings(except for power kernel)
Other method will reset everything except for personal files(Everything on EMMC).

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Depends on the method. If you upgrade it from application manager, then you'll keep your programs and settings(except for power kernel)
Other method will reset everything except for personal files(Everything on EMMC).
So update via application manager over wifi?

And all good?

cant update.... it said i must use pc suite to install this update.... bt how... plz hlp anyone plz

The Following User Says Thank You to sagor_sb37 For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatulent troll, richard cranium