Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by futtawuh View Post
Thanks for making that more clear. But my question still stands.
How will the flashing go if the phone keeps rebooting after the Nokia boot logo, and wont stay off without removing the battery while plugged to a PC/charger?
I'd say if it at least charges while it's in the reboot loop leave it like that until it's fully charged (give it an hour or so?).

After that, remove the battery and put it back in without turning it on. Then follow my instructions. pressing u when turning it on should prevent it from trying to load Maemo.

EDIT - Your problem might be different than the OP's... The solution I posted might not work for You (it might not even work for the OP, but it's worth a try)... Don't hijack his thread...

Regarding a phone that won't charge there's been lots of other threads about that. Please look for the answer there. I believe You have to either borrow a fully charged battery or get Your battery charged by someone else who also have a N900.

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-10-27 at 14:11.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Well im not really sure if it charges, the charger LED indicator aint blinking so.
But i now pressed "u" when i connected it to my PC, It shows me a VERY vague Nokia logo. But it dont reboot now, and the LED indicator is glowing yellow.(Not pulsating like the charging LED effect)

Ill leave it like that for a while, maybe it gets some more battery, Then ill give it a flash, just need to download Ubuntu or something, since im at 64bit Win7, and some say that it migth give me some trouble.
Anyhow, thanks for you help, I'll hola at you if i run into some kinda problem, and ill let you know if it worked out.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Use the charger to charge it instead of charging via USB...

It's a lot faster that way...

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
You don't turn it on when flashing using 'Flasher 3.5' from a PC. Yank the battery, put the battery back in DONOT turn on the N900. Connect the USB lead to the PC and open the keyboard on the N900. Hold the 'U' key down on the N900 and at the same time plug in the other end of the USB lead into it. Keep your finger on the 'U' until the N900 screen displays dimmed the blue 'NOKIA' in the middle and the symbol for USB in the top right. It's dimmed so can be hard to see.

When the N900 displays this it is in 'flashing mode' it will stay like this forever, unless you yank the battery again. Note: it doesn't charge in this mode. Now follow the instructions given about what to do with 'Flasher 3.5' and it should be fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:
Oh thanks, didnt know that.
Not trying to hijack his thread, Just seems like we both ran into "kinda" same problem after trying to deinstall the Kernel config. Only that his phone get a full boot.

So no hijackin attended, just want to get both our phones up and running. Cuase I can feel his pain... and it really hurts.

Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
. Note: it doesn't charge in this mode.
Thanks for that. Ill just leave it on the wallcharger, and hope it charges while rebooting then.

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
The command listed should be done from Windows/Linux using the flasher tool. If You're on Windows leave out "sudo" and "./" in front of flasher-3.5...

You have to download the flasher tool and the FIASCO imagee. Look for "PR 1.3 version 20.2010.36-2" under "Brief Description" and pick the one that applies to Your area (USA, EMEA, India or Global).

1) Turn off Your N900
2) Run flasher like this (on Windows):
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
- where firmware image is the name of the FIASCO image You just downloaded.
3) Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time.
4) It should now flash the kernel only.
i have successfully flashed the kernel only. but it is still showing the same problem, forces to reboot after it reaches the desktop.

Hmh, Only get this error when flashing.

"Suitable USB device not found, waiting."

Anyone know whats wrong?

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
have you read any flashing help?
everybody knows that problem.in the wiki are 10 tipps that help and we have 100000000000000000 threads with the exact same problem.
its so easy.
1.enable your brain
2.try to concentrate
3.focus
4.read the wiki with all your psycho power/ http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
5.success

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
is the vanilla image and fiasco image the same?