Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hehehe, qt detects the rotate, so it does it all for you
the dbus example though is the best example
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, it still doesn't tell me what to stick in the command line to get the device orientation - unless I can run a qt line from the shell? Which means I still don't know what to put into my conky.conf to get the result desired.

On the other hand though, it proves to me, yet again, that Qt is amazing, and I should learn it.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I figured it out, after what is now a couple days of digging through criptic DBus documentation and wiki.maemo.org (and a bunch of random plug-n-play trial-and-error on the command line):

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.get_device_orientation

In retrospect, the python snippet that I initially found on the wiki and you posted here contains most of that in it. But there's no way I would have gotten it without seeing a bunch of other dbus-send code snippets and reading through dbus documentation.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-10-25 at 06:54. Reason: Forgot "dest=" inbetween -- and com.nokia.mce

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Would be lovely to actually have a set of DBUS documentation or something like a tree-view list of it all!
Following that demonstrations of how to use them all would be lovely
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
This doesn't seem to be running for me in 1.3? Any fix for that?

Hi Les, yeah i think so (Will hunt for the fix tonight) - is it just not loading?

i'm into a full redesign of healthcheck at the moment!
I'm 1 week into a 2 month+ redesign i feel in QT/C++ - more tools, better layout and alot quicker!

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Hi Les, yeah i think so (Will hunt for the fix tonight) - is it just not loading?

i'm into a full redesign of healthcheck at the moment!
I'm 1 week into a 2 month+ redesign i feel in QT/C++ - more tools, better layout and alot quicker!
Hey!

Nice SW! It opens and starts loading and then goes "poof" and closes the Window. I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing. New version sounds pretty exciting!

hehehe sounds about right lol!
If you run it from terminal it should give you some feedback

Code:
python /opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py
The new version is interesting (I'm learning as i go along - pretty much like the original version!).

Managed to figure out the basics, and it auto rotates fine, but QTlayouts are being a pain in the ***!

Here's the tail of it:

** Getting orientation**
** Start Function - Device Orientation **
** Start Function - Bluetooth MAC**
** Finished tab 1 update **
** Starting tab 2 update**
** Updating GPS Info**
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py", line 1076, in <module>
ui.funcUpdateAll()
File "/opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py", line 900, in funcUpdateAll
self.updateGPS(MainWindow)
File "/opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py", line 990, in updateGPS
control.set_properties(preferred_method=location.M ETHOD_USER_SELECTED,preferred_interval=location.IN TERVAL_DEFAULT)
AttributeError: 'location.GPSDControl' object has no attribute 'set_properties'

Hmmm that sounds like it's struggling to control your gps.... Or its struggling to get permission to use it.

Can you try making sure your gps is online and turned on, then load it?
(Might literally just not be allowed to turn it on - badly coded!)

edit either that or 1.3 has changed the GPS abilities?! random!

Tags
check, faulty, front camera, gps, hardware, healthcheck, test