Active Topics

Notices

hey, this preenv is awesome. already got nfsu workin by following the great tutorial on youtube. i am trying to get brothers in arms working..i have downloaded the file and it is where it should be but how do i run it if i dont have an icon to click on??..yea im a serious noob when it comes to this stuff.lol

Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
hey, this preenv is awesome. already got nfsu workin by following the great tutorial on youtube. i am trying to get brothers in arms working..i have downloaded the file and it is where it should be but how do i run it if i dont have an icon to click on??..yea im a serious noob when it comes to this stuff.lol
You need to check this out.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/Game_Compatibility

Note the Needs Multitouch note.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Is there any possibility to use the keyboard instead of the touchscreen to control this multi-touch games?

A small " screenemulator" which could press a specific area on the screen with a keyboard button would be great

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Is there any possibility to use the keyboard instead of the touchscreen to control this multi-touch games?

A small " screenemulator" which could press a specific area on the screen with a keyboard button would be great
You have to remember - these games arent being ported - they are being run natively - so chances are no.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
You need to check this out.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/Game_Compatibility

Note the Needs Multitouch note.
cheers man, with the games that are working am i able to create a widget thingy with these or is there something i need to type to get them running?

also i noticed your comment about permissions would i use chown -R for all games?

Last edited by gizmo; 2010-10-29 at 17:01.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
ey guys i need help, i managed to install just the nfs undercover, other games like hero of sparta, nova, asphalt 5 i can't get it to work

here are the commands that i write in te x-term:

1. sudo gainroot
2.preenv
3 for example: cd /home/user/com.gameloft.app.nova
4.chmod +rwx nova
5 desktopgen appinfo.json...
and efter the last command it says "is not executable" wtf does that mean??? (like i said nova, asphalt5 and hero of sparta, with all of these im having the same problem) please help?

BTW: sorry for my bad english

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Would there be a way to fake dual touch gestures, like the pinch and the twist? (like for example, when you press the volume buttons it sends forged input to the programs zooming in and out, while you soft press the camera button it freezes the accelerometer data the program sees and sends fake twist based on how you tilt the device etc, preferably with possibility of custom gestures for programs that need it done in an specific area, or that use a less common gesture etc)

(weird, i thought i had already posted this, but i was checking my open tabs and the text is still here, perhaps it was a hiccup from a crash, if i had already posted this please accept my appologies)

Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
ey guys i need help, i managed to install just the nfs undercover, other games like hero of sparta, nova, asphalt 5 i can't get it to work

here are the commands that i write in te x-term:

1. sudo gainroot
2.preenv
3 for example: cd /home/user/com.gameloft.app.nova
4.chmod +rwx nova
5 desktopgen appinfo.json...
and efter the last command it says "is not executable" wtf does that mean??? (like i said nova, asphalt5 and hero of sparta, with all of these im having the same problem) please help?

BTW: sorry for my bad english
You have to chmod the correct executable file. For NFS, it's right at the outermost folder, but for NOVA it's in .../com.gameloft.app.nova/nova/ (filename is nova). Same for asphalt5, the executable file is in: .../com.gameloft.app.asphalt5/Asphalt5 (filename is Asphalt5). Note that everything is case sensitive.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
[QUOTE=zerocool2k;856886]You have to chmod the correct executable file. For NFS, it's right at the outermost folder, but for NOVA it's in .../com.gameloft.app.nova/nova/ (filename is nova). Same for asphalt5, the executable file is in: .../com.gameloft.app.asphalt5/Asphalt5 (filename is Asphalt5). Note that everything is case sensitive.

im doing it that way now, example, cd /home/user/com.gameloft.app.nova/nova/
then i chmod +rwx nova, but when i enter desktopgen appinfo.json it says now: Unable to prase "appinfo.json": Failed to open file 'appinfo.json': No such file or directory wtf does that mean now??

Uconnect game working perfect with protait mode and landscape

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos