Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Ok well, ignore the mistakes (ie blak borders, gaps not reading etc, but you get an idea of where healthcheck is going

The pages are stacked widgets and load up very quickly - so no more sloooooooowness!

----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Groovy!

I'm bringin' Groovy back..

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Not 100% sold on this look, but I wasn't 100% sold on the last one either. Will the colors change with the theme used? (I'm liking the little icons corresponding to each stat though.)

Either way, great to hear about the speed improvements. Those are always nice. Does it have portrait mode support for everything?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-10-31 at 16:26. Reason: Comment on icons

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
yeah the background and button-style icons will most likely change - it's more work in progress, but now i have the stacked widgets working it is alot easier to swap and change.

The two big things i want but are slightly out of my level of knowledge at the moment are:
Swiping the screens/widgets across instead of buttons (Got the code, just struggling to implement)
and then eventually using Qthreads so the values constantly update

I also did try using autorotate - it rotates fine, but have 2 colums of 2 - make it nay on impossible to implement so the wrap over / under each other without manually doing it all!
edit - i removed portrait support due to the above problem.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Looks really sexy greg keep up the good work.

//edit: And could you send me a link to your battery, signal and clock icons ? I reflashed my N900 and did not save mine

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2010-10-31 at 19:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Can't you look at the way all the other apps implement this in menus, like FileBox and the like - where landscape mode generates two columns of buttons, portrait mode results in just one? Or is that too complicated/convoluted? Or does that just not apply to this version of healthcheck because of the way everything is a separate widget?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Can't you look at the way all the other apps implement this in menus, like FileBox and the like - where landscape mode generates two columns of buttons, portrait mode results in just one? Or is that too complicated/convoluted? Or does that just not apply to this version of healthcheck because of the way everything is a separate widget?

i could use list widgets with icons, but everytime i try it just doesnt look correct. it feels like a battle between functionalty and layout.

where i'm at now is ok as i can easily change it. the function calls are getting into place, so once the page is finished i'll test a few different ways of displaying them and pop them up here for you to see

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Looks really sexy greg keep up the good work.

//edit: And could you send me a link to your battery, signal and clock icons ? I reflashed my N900 and did not save mine

hehe, thank you very much i really do appreciate your feedback do you mean the status bar? i'just using the black plastic theme. but will be home from the cinema shortly!

Ah ok. Didn't know the black plastic theme also changes this kind of icons.
I was using the darksky theme for months now.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Ah ok. Didn't know the black plastic theme also changes this kind of icons.
I was using the darksky theme for months now.
pretty sure it does, if not let me know and i'll package them up for you!

Tags
check, faulty, front camera, gps, hardware, healthcheck, test