Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
@realmic

This is why you've gotta check the previous post man. There's no reason to run Preenv as Root. The ONLY reason someone needs Root is simply to change the permissions(chmod) of appinfo.json so that it can be executed(+x). I probably should have read your earlier post a bit better to double-check that, but again this goes out to everyone DO NOT RUN Preenv as root(unless there's some specific case that others have verified that it is necessary).

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Just installed NFSUC&HeroOfSparta

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Ok I just figured I'd give an update since there hasn't been a response to my original post. I've tried to install the Grooveshark app using Preenv and I'm a little hung up. It seems possible(until I potentially hit some issues with libs), but I just lack knowledge of the structure of WebOS apps.

I followed the same instructions that worked for installation of games. When I get to the
Code:
desktopgen appinfo.json
I get a message:
Code:
'type' attribute is mandatory (and should be 'pdk')
I've poked around in the App folder of the Grooveshark to see if any of it seemed usuable or if I could substitute something, but I've got nothing. There are stylesheets, source.json, and framework_config.json files to work with in the main program folder. Any ideas?

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
Ok I just figured I'd give an update since there hasn't been a response to my original post. I've tried to install the Grooveshark app using Preenv and I'm a little hung up. It seems possible(until I potentially hit some issues with libs), but I just lack knowledge of the structure of WebOS apps.

I followed the same instructions that worked for installation of games. When I get to the
Code:
desktopgen appinfo.json
I get a message:
Code:
'type' attribute is mandatory (and should be 'pdk')
I've poked around in the App folder of the Grooveshark to see if any of it seemed usuable or if I could substitute something, but I've got nothing. There are stylesheets, source.json, and framework_config.json files to work with in the main program folder. Any ideas?
This generally happens when trying to install a game that is a web based app rather than a stand alone. I have yet to figure out a way to do it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
This generally happens when trying to install a game that is a web based app rather than a stand alone. I have yet to figure out a way to do it.
Do you think it would be completely out of this realm to possible edit these values(which is what I imagine that 'type' is)? I understand we're already tip-toeing the line of legalities with all of this. Why can't these developers just port these over!?!

I'm kind of seeing a second life for both platforms if we could allow some kind of community WebOS/Maemo hybrid so they could have our useful and best apps and we can have theirs.

Also, maybe I'm going too quickly or asking too many questions, but has anyone successfully found a way to save the games state or copy the save file of the running game?

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Because the web apps require the Palm WRT in their OS. If you want these apps to work on N900 you will need to port the js bindings to the underlying Palm libs to work on the Nokia WRT and connect to Maemo libs. Good luck...

P.S. Its not impossible...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Guys, help me to run Blades of Fury.. it crashes on the start when loading the game.. black screen and nothing else and close the game

Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
Guys, help me to run Blades of Fury.. it crashes on the start when loading the game.. black screen and nothing else and close the game
thats not really a lot to go on. What does it say when you run it from the command line.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

And how can i make Driver work correctly, without graphics missing

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
thats not really a lot to go on. What does it say when you run it from the command line.
how i can i run it as you said? i never tried before.

games i got work: Asphalt5 NFSU and HeroofSparta

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos