Active Topics

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Egypt
Originally Posted by xperto View Post
BUMP: am running pr 1.3.. do i need catorise to save my battery.. or is the bug solved it pr 1.3?
You don't need catorise to save your battery. No. I mean. You actually DON'T want catorise because it ruins your battery, unless you download the bugfix stated above. No it wasn't fixed in PR1.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to scyzor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by xperto View Post
BUMP: am running pr 1.3.. do i need catorise to save my battery.. or is the bug solved it pr 1.3?
Wrong end of the stick I am afraid Catorise is one app that, through no fault of it's own, triggers the hildon-desktop bug and thus negatively affects battery life (great app though IMO). Sadly, although a fix is in the SVN version of hildon-desktop (and this provides the basis for the patched debs), it did not make it into pr1.3 Poor show by Nokia IMO given the bugs very detrimental effects.

So, install catorise under pr1.3 you should install the patched hildon-desktop deb linked above.

Don't use catorise, you may not see any problem and the fix is not needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Thanks scyzor and handaxe for your quick response.. my i just removed flash light extra and lock daemon.. it brought down my cpu usage to 5 percent.. by battery wouldnt even last for 8 hours earlier.. i hope it does now thank you guys

allow me to ask this ..... i know its out of the topic ....... but when i reinstalled software on n900 ..... the programs are not installed anymore ...... but their files are still there ........ is there is anythin to remove them by ? script or something ??

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by smartcobra View Post
allow me to ask this ..... i know its out of the topic ....... but when i reinstalled software on n900 ..... the programs are not installed anymore ...... but their files are still there ........ is there is anythin to remove them by ? script or something ??
In terminal as root (or use sudo) "dpkg -P <package name>". This should remove vestiges incl config files. But, as always, your mileage may vary...

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
thank you handaxe ....you helped me alot

The Following User Says Thank You to smartcobra For This Useful Post: