Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
This whole thread reeks of script kiddy. You can pull all of this off with scapy which is in the repos. If you're going to put so much effort into porting this one tool you may as well learn a good chunk of scapy and utilise it far more effectively.

The Following User Says Thank You to Captwheeto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ireland
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
This whole thread reeks of script kiddy. You can pull all of this off with scapy which is in the repos. If you're going to put so much effort into porting this one tool you may as well learn a good chunk of scapy and utilise it far more effectively.
What the hell is scapy? can't find it in the repos

Originally Posted by oskarmat View Post
What the hell is scapy? can't find it in the repos
It might be in extras or testing, can't check right now sorry.

It's an amazing tool, I've used it for so much. It lets you build your own packets *exactly* how you like them. So for this you'd need to build a malicious ARP packet and sniff the connections. I can't tell you how good it is until you use it. You just need to know some python (mostly for scripting your stuff, if you're using the interpreter it isn't a lot like python) and a good knowledge about networking.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
If something is easier to use than why label me a script kiddy? I can fully utilise BT3 but its not something I can install on my N900. Why put yourself through so much work when a simple one two process can get the job done?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
This is all very interesting to me and I'm loving the posts! What would make the N900 perfect if i were able to install Backtrack 3 (or 4 now) and dual boot it. If packet injection was available, this phone would be a mobile hacking machine in your pocket!

So far on my PC i was only able to crack my WEP (very easy) and WPA codes. Doin this with the N900 would be perfection! I wonder what other little qwerks you can do with the N900 i dont know about. Anyone care to inform me? I remember on the old Nokia phones you were able to access other peoples phones via bluetooth, but permissions today make it difficult.
Look into the neopwn project (there are a couple of threads in the forum about it)

Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
If something is easier to use than why label me a script kiddy? I can fully utilise BT3 but its not something I can install on my N900. Why put yourself through so much work when a simple one two process can get the job done?
Don't even get me started on Backtrack. What job? I highly doubt as a pen tester anyone is ever going to commend you for using something such as firesheep. You could write the script on your computer and scp it onto your phone. You've then got the advantages of implementing other features, cookie grabbing failed? You could easily implement SSLstrip into the script.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captwheeto For This Useful Post:
We're fighting an uphill battle, Captwheeto. These guys do not want to learn how tools works, they simply want to use them for malicious purposes and puff up their chests to their 9-5 friends.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I wanna learn how they work AND fool around in the gray areas of morality

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I wanna learn how they work AND fool around in the gray areas of morality
likewise... its how i began to like open sourced software, ability to have more useful things, but also learning how they are made, to improve on them.