Active Topics

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
My N900 came with a stereo wired headset (or rather a stereo headphone with a mic on the cable), i imagine this is the case with most N900s; it sounds very good but the earplugs block external sounds a lot, when you're in a situation where you are wearing the headset but need to hear external sounds (like riding a bike while waiting for a call, or talking both with someone on the phone and with anither person live or whatever), what do you do with the hanging earplug?

I used to have another wired headset like this on my previous phone, it was stereo too but it had a loop around where the wire split where i could pull the unused side and it would stay snugly against the now mostly single wire, this isn't possible with the headset that came with my N900 (but the overall quality, both in terms of sound and construction and materials is way bettre with it)

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I hang it around the back of my neck, or i put it in my top pocket (where i sometimes keep my n900 when i cycle). my headphones get used a lot and don't seem to last long, i have had 2 pares original headphones pack up and while i have been tempted to build a hybrid pair, I wouldn't be shy to cut one side off. if it were a little irritating.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
maybe you should think about buying a bluetooth one?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Stick it up your nostril

you don't wanna know...