Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I've uploaded 0.12.10-24 (for Diablo and Fremantle) which stores the margin and padding CSS values separately and adds them together to calculate the spacings.

The source code changes can be downloaded from here.

I'll look to push this to extras-testing at the end of the week, so please let me know if you find any issues before then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Hello, Rob1n

It looks like your latest updated royally screwed up .epub reading, and some other formats too, most likely. Most of the time, the latest FBReader just shows empty screen. Page display also appears to be broken: it only changes after 2-4 page flips in a row.

Whatever you have done to that code broke it. Please, consider rolling back =)

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Excellent application.

Vote for the addition of the ability to create bookmarks, notes, and to copy when full screen without leaving it with the keyboard closed...

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Hello, Rob1n

It looks like your latest updated royally screwed up .epub reading, and some other formats too, most likely. Most of the time, the latest FBReader just shows empty screen. Page display also appears to be broken: it only changes after 2-4 page flips in a row.

Whatever you have done to that code broke it. Please, consider rolling back =)
I'll have a look into this - the few books I tested worked perfectly, but I've now found one that exhibits the same issues you've reported. I'll see why they're getting the incorrect settings and upload a fixed version shortly.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I've tracked down the issue. FBReader uses the margin & padding settings for the same variable, so your zero padding values are overriding the margin values. Removing the padding values from the CSS fixes this issue. I'll have a dig into this further - adding the values would probably be a better solution, but means dealing with unit conversion.
I'm ... speechless. Ok. Will you add an upstreams bug, or shall I?

Thanks for looking into this, tho. Atleast I've got a workaround until the ... problem can be fixed.

I'll have a look into this - the few books I tested worked perfectly, but I've now found one that exhibits the same issues you've reported. I'll see why they're getting the incorrect settings and upload a fixed version shortly.
Okay, 0.12.10-25 uploaded which fixes this (it was failing to check the values had actually been set before using them, so was picking up invalid values).

Originally Posted by TinaHolmboe View Post
I'm ... speechless. Ok. Will you add an upstreams bug, or shall I?

Thanks for looking into this, tho. Atleast I've got a workaround until the ... problem can be fixed.
I'll add the bug at some point - I'm planning on adding bugs/feature requests for all the work I've done.

I've fixed this in the latest uploaded version though (0.12.10-25) though, so there should be no need for a workaround. It should be available in the repository shortly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
I have a FR: something like checking/filtering read books in library.
And maybe some list of read books, with date, comments, etc.

I'm not sure that's a bug - I think that's all it's intended to do.
So "always use my css" doesn't apply to font-size? That is disappointing, as the epub font size must presume a DPI. The epub book I have, the font is too small, so I can increase it in base, but then I have to go and decrease it for those books that respect the font size setting in other books.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hey, I just downloaded FBreader after a long time due to all this activity in this thread. And I must say, I am impressed. I expect that FBReader will soon be one amoung my top used apps with Comix, gPodder and www2sms. But a few gripes (bugs?):
The fact that direct dictionary search is included is brilliant. But when text selection is activated, the swiping to turn pages does not work. They only select the text. So could it be possible to have small next/previous page buttons like in Comix?
Once again thanks.

Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
I have a FR: something like checking/filtering read books in library.
And maybe some list of read books, with date, comments, etc.
I'll have a look, but I think the latter part will mean database changes, making it incompatible with the upstream version, which I'd rather not do. You could use the tags to flag read books though, and there's some code done for filtering (though it doesn't look to have been completed yet) which I may be able to do something with. That should allow you to check & filter read books.

Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
So "always use my css" doesn't apply to font-size? That is disappointing, as the epub font size must presume a DPI. The epub book I have, the font is too small, so I can increase it in base, but then I have to go and decrease it for those books that respect the font size setting in other books.
Well, the option is "Always use my font" which I think just overrides the font-family. I'll have a look though - it ought to be possible to override the font size as well.

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hey, I just downloaded FBreader after a long time due to all this activity in this thread. And I must say, I am impressed. I expect that FBReader will soon be one amoung my top used apps with Comix, gPodder and www2sms. But a few gripes (bugs?):
The fact that direct dictionary search is included is brilliant. But when text selection is activated, the swiping to turn pages does not work. They only select the text. So could it be possible to have small next/previous page buttons like in Comix?
Once again thanks.
There's no reason these couldn't go on the toolbar, but that'll have to wait until I've finished writing the menu/toolbar customisation app. In the meantine, you can use the volume buttons to change pages, or enable the "single tap" option for dictionary search (though you then need to be careful of where your swipe starts, as I think the search is triggered on press rather than on release).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: