Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
just fire up applocker itself and reverse the unwanted locks

( type "applocker" , without quotes, and then press the Enter key)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
thanks guys. problem solved i ran it in x-terminal... thanks everyone for your help you all will be thanked

First of all, I am a total noob, but love to expriment and play around with my N900.
I hv no knowledge of linux or Xterm.

I have downloaded few programs; including applocker, assuming it will ask for password whenever I wish to check my emails or conversations. Please help me in removing the applocker and restoring the blocked applications.

-I installed applocker:
-Locked few applicationsIncluding App Manager/Applocker)
-After observing missing icons on screen, I Unistalled the applocker (Without unlocking the icons)Assuming it will remove the applocker and would restore desktop settings automatically. App Manager was still Active in multi-task window):
-But It did not help
- I reboot the phone, considering, it will help.
-But it did not help
- Luckily, I received update notification while I was searching for help. I immdtly opened the App Manager And I reinstall the applocker.
- Using Xterm, I opened applocker; and disabled all the blocked icons/applications.
- I observed there were 2 Applocker entry in the list. (Now none of the programs were blocked)
- But It did not help.
- I opened MC to rename .dektop files manually, but no files had .dektop1
- There was one file: applocker.desktop1 and one more file with applocker.desktop.
- I renamed it to applocker.desktop
- Still there were both the files intact.
- I removed the file applocker.desktop1
-But it did not help.

I feel so stupid, but all that did not help me to get the applications unblocked. Please some one help me.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Press: CTRL+SHIFT+X which will launch xterm
then type in xterm: ' applocker ' without quotes
applocker will then launch, proceed to reverse what you did.
then uninstall applocker (email dev to get him to change name to apphider, lol)

Last edited by Tiboric; 2010-12-07 at 08:03.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Please change the title of your thread to be less alarmist. The situation you got yourself in is easily recoverable and does not demand lots of shouting etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Please change the title of your thread to be less alarmist. The situation you got yourself in is easily recoverable and does not demand lots of shouting etc.
I agree it sounds alarmist, but I bet he was alarmed at the time, lol

Many thanks Tibori. I hv reversed all the blocking, How do I initiate App manager for removing app locker.?
Yeah, I was alarmed that time, since I had no control ova my phone that time. whats the xterm command for launchng app manager?

Just use "apt-get remove applocker" as root(provided you have rootsh, "sudo gainroot" first).
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
If you've reversed all the locking, then surely you have app manager unlocked? Which means you can just press on the app manager icon, and uninstall it that way? (If you're uninstalling App Locker, you should make sure you unhide everything first anyway, because it won't unhide itself. And once you've done that, app manager should be available.)

But if you're sure you know what you're doing, the command is just "hildon-application-manager". For me it launches it without problems. It does print some error messages in the X-Term about finding some images, but other than that it's fine.

i installed the applocker before then i hid some apps including the applocker itself then when i want to unlock the applocker i coudn't see it anywhere so i decided to uninstall it and then after i uninstalled the applocker i tried to add some shortcut to my desktop and i can still see the applocker in the add shortcut for desktop but it's only a blue square and it's already removed how can delete it that blue square applocker pls someone help me how to remove it... =(