Active Topics

Notices

nice work, all works, great thx!

Last edited by XaTeTb; 2010-12-10 at 06:07.

Originally Posted by lp4u View Post
so here it is
1. download the attached file.
2. extract it and do not bother reading the readme file.
3. uninstall any psfreedom(0.6 or other) from your n900.
4. plug in your USB cable, choose Mass storage mode and copy the 3 files in the zip file to the root of mass storage.
5. go to app manager and download rootsh
6. unplug USB cable
7. launch x terminal and type
sudo gainroot
cd MyDocs
sh psfreedom-enable-maemo.sh
8. plug in USB cable and connect to ps3
9. remove power cord, reconnect it and press power and immediately eject

here u r
thanks!
does Blue-Ray work after this?
is that all i need to do to downgrade or this is just first step?

Originally Posted by bald.eagle.one View Post
thanks!
Downgrading your PS3 console MAY in SOME cases STOP you from watching any Blu-Ray movies! (Games still work!)

It's just first step, this script turn console into factory mode.

1. Turn console into factory mode as written above. You will see red rectangle in right down corner on tv. (screen http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1049/20101210001.jpg )
2. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive device with 2 files in the root directory:
-1. Modified 3.41 PUP
-2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
3. These must be the only files on the USB key and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
4. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
5. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
6. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to "System Information".
7. (Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow step 1,2 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
8. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
9. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
10. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of factory service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through setting up settings configuration.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qlfoyi

link for downgrade files (Lv2Diag.self file (File 1,2) and Modified 3.41 PUP).

Downgrading your PS3 console MAY in SOME cases STOP you from watching any Blu-Ray movies! (Games still work!)

All this info gained from http://psx-scene.com/ please visit for additional help

Last edited by XaTeTb; 2010-12-10 at 09:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XaTeTb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodymoha View Post
oren

install open manager by using "install package files"

"app_home/PS3_game/" use to run game after choosed by open manager
"install package files" is like an empty folder I can't see how can I install this open manager

Originally Posted by bald.eagle.one View Post
thanks!
don't know. i was already on 3.41. just wanted to test the service mode

Originally Posted by oren View Post
"install package files" is like an empty folder I can't see how can I install this open manager
download the backup manager u wanna. its a .pkg file. put it on a fat32 pen drive and install on a jailbroken ps3

thanks for the info
i can confirm lp4u's method works
ps3 is in factory/service mode
downloading the files..

Last edited by bald.eagle.one; 2010-12-10 at 12:50. Reason: identity confusion

just downgraded a friend's ps3 and i can confirm bluray works. mine which was also on 3.41 and which i put in service mode also works. cheers

oren

re-reading how to install Backup Manager

my english is bad
i can't explane to you

I?m getting a dingoo for christmas. Is there different types of dingoo? Do I need a specific one?I?m still sitting on the 3.41, does it work only from 3.41 or can I update to 3.50 while I wait?Sorry for all the questions, but I?m new with this.