Notices

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Yes, you must install Enhanced Power Kernel before using qcpufreq. Overclocking is good for emulators like psx mame N64 etc, but also for some flash heavy sites like megavideo tube8 site of flash games etc. The latest 'E P Kernel is v. 46 .

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
note that with the power kernel 2 things are possible: altering the cpu voltage table and altering the cpu clock speed. Using a preset profile in kernel settings such as ideal or lv or starving changes both. You can also use the default profile and simply overclock using one of the cpufreq proggies.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
install kernel-power setting from the maemo.org repo.
reboot
go xterm and
root then
kernel-config load (default,lv,xlv,ideal) not every voltage profile will work then:
kernel-config limits 250 (your max cpu freq)
if it runs nice and you are happy:
kernel-config save myprofile1 then
kernel-config default myprofile1
success

guide: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=774
regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Last edited by atilla; 2010-12-21 at 08:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
what is the highest i can go without f-ing up my phone?

and......

i installed QCPUfreq and the highest i can go is 600 Mhz. how do i get up to 900? do you have smartreflex enabled?
you must have kernal power first
then open QCPUFreq : settings --- check [enable overclocking] ---- choose your speed and close the app.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
you must have kernal power first
then open QCPUFreq : settings --- check [enable overclocking] ---- choose your speed and close the app.
I see. So QCPUFreg is just UI for Titan kernel (!?). No other OC option right now? I gave up on kernel 46 because sometimes it make 3G call sound like twisted cassette tape sound impossible to hear. 3.5G and wifi signals are both much less stable. Dont know if it is my unluck only or what because havent seen any complaint like that. But this happened too regular to me with the titan kernel. Both before and after PR1.3.

Opps, I just found out that without Titan Kernel, my N900 still some time get twisted cassette tape sound effect on 3G voice call. Will report back if I have a chance to try on GSM. Very irritating indeed when you have to stop a call and call back to hear properly.

Epitaph,
Can't download your list of scripts on http://n900-tune-up.sourceforge.net from microB or Internet Browser 8. MicroB redirects to www.sourceforge.net while Internet Browser keeps open the scripts as text file and won't offer saving to HDD.
Could you pls tell me how to install.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
what is the highest i can go without f-ing up my phone?

and......

i installed QCPUfreq and the highest i can go is 600 Mhz. how do i get up to 900? do you have smartreflex enabled?
if you have kernel-power, for me highest to-go is 1ghz, for the voltage is the same as the stock kernel @600mhz

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Duy2anh View Post

Epitaph,
Can't download your list of scripts on http://n900-tune-up.sourceforge.net from microB or Internet Browser 8. MicroB redirects to www.sourceforge.net while Internet Browser keeps open the scripts as text file and won't offer saving to HDD.
Could you pls tell me how to install.
It's working good with microb here. Just forget about pref.js it is not needed to tweak the device. Just download tune-up-startup, tune-up, bad_packets, htb, tc to a folder in /etc/tuneup. Copy tune-up-startup to /home/users. Edit tune-up-startup to point to /etc/tuneup then run the script. Other method is also glimpse into the code and copy the url's of the files and dl with wget. Hope this helps!

P.S: pref.js is good to tweak microb. dl pref.js with wget. open rootshell and type find . -name "*pref.js" then change to that directory cd .. . Look for the latest pref.js in that directory and replace it my pref.js (don't forget to make a backup). You can control the settings by typeing about:config in the adressbar of microb. Please try that method with the other files my,cnf and myconfig, too. I will try to keep them as fresh as possible.

Last edited by epitaph; 2010-12-21 at 15:53.

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
It's working good with microb here. Just forget about pref.js it is not needed to tweak the device. Just download tune-up-startup, tune-up, bad_packets, htb, tc to a folder in /etc/tuneup. Copy tune-up-startup to /home/users. Edit tune-up-startup to point to /etc/tuneup then run the script. Other method is also glimpse into the code and copy the url's of the files and dl with wget. Hope this helps!
So in order to apply your scripts, I will have to mess up the omap kernel with Titan a gain?! I tried Titan three times, reflashed twice to be back to omap kernel. On kernel46 I didnot have to reflash though.
My MicroB keeps redirecting to http://www.sourceforce.net/

My bad typo, should have typed sourceforGe.net on MicroB, it works now, sorry.

Last edited by Duy2anh; 2010-12-21 at 16:01.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Duy2anh View Post
So in order to apply your scripts, I will have to mess up the omap kernel with Titan a gain?! I tried Titan three times, reflashed twice to be back to omap kernel. On kernel46 I didnot have to reflash though.
My MicroB keeps redirecting to http://www.sourceforce.net/
If you don't want overclock or don't want to flash kernel-power, I don't know if the script is working, because it needs iproute and iptables. You can try it with your kernel, in rootshell type apt-get install iproute iptables. Also I don't think this script is for newbees and I think it is better to install it with kernel-power. At least it is private collection of my phone and it makes it superfast - I'm not sure if I want to share this all!