Active Topics

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
If you can't get it working 100% every time on localhost (127.0.0.1) then you got big problems - in other words no point trying to login from elsewhere across a network until you got local login sussed out.

Try using the ip address, and try using the standard port (22) - are you sure your isp hasn't blocked port 2222 (or any other port for that matter) and is your n900 behind a NAT/firewall (and do you have the required port forwarding etc?).
I don't know what happened, but it worked a little bit more each day...

Now I can ssh in from both my home connection and work. I didn't change anything, I didn't clear anything, I just rebooted the phone daily (as I'm already wont to do).

Thanks for the help, even if there wasn't a specific fix. I'll post back again if it acts up again.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I have had a similar problem, sometimes the wireless interface decides to go to sleep a bit too much and I need to have a ping running on the n900 to the host (or the Internet or anything), and then it works.

Other times it works fine without anything running on the device (I checked, even the weather isn't updating).

If this help the next time it doesn't work, then in the network settings, in the advanced part, go to the "other" tab and play with the powers savings tab (or just use a ping...)...

The Following User Says Thank You to dbrodie For This Useful Post: